Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Why, what happened.

Time before last I drove from Kent via Bristol for a midweek game. There were no pasties, football was crap, took 45 minutes to get out the car park. The road to Bristol was shut, no warning and I was left drifting around the Somerset countryside looking for a diversion. Got home early hours thoroughly pi**ed off.

So next time I went by train. Went to the beer tent, beer rubbish, football worse than last time. Walk back to town centre in the rain, waited for a bus to the station. Bus turns up and not big enough so I got a taxi and missed my train by 30 seconds. So I had to wait for an hour on the station in the rain.

So crap football, beer, pasties, terracing, roads, car park, trains,busses, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does anyone know the U-16 price, for the terrace, please? On-line only telling me about the seats.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£8.00, I was going to say bargain but not sure after some of the comments on here. Looking forward to it anyway ( I think)

Cheers. Don't be too put off. Apart from the poor train service, the shit roads, the ridiculous car-park, the ban on away fans in the nice beer tent, the inadequate catering and the lack of a roof, its actually quite fun.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The second time, we won, I had a nice SING-SONG with Carrot Cruncher, Tony Meolas Loan Spell, Mendoza and Edna K. But the day was RUINED when the THIEVING Yeovil stewards STOLE 'my' football.

Humourless, thieving *******S, they were. I also think it was freezing cold, as in my memory, Jamie was dressed like an Eskimo. I thought they were going to eject you for picking your (Charlton's) ball up.

Ground miles from anywhere. Pain in the arse to get to. Town way less pleasant than most West Country destinations. Stewards really annoying. Been twice & if you drive it's a massive schlep through the countryside. Car park terrible to get out of.

So on that basis, I'm IN :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Humourless, thieving *******S, they were. I also think it was freezing cold, as in my memory, Jamie was dressed like an Eskimo. I thought they were going to eject you for picking your (Charlton's) ball up.

Ground miles from anywhere. Pain in the arse to get to. Town way less pleasant than most West Country destinations. Stewards really annoying. Been twice & if you drive it's a massive schlep through the countryside. Car park terrible to get out of.

So on that basis, I'm IN :thumbsup:

It was shockingly cold. To be fair to their stewards though, I think they were actually pretty friendly, apart from the one jobsworth ball-thief.

I'm looking forward to it. It will be my two lads' first experience of standing on a terrace (apart from a couple of tin-pot pre-season jobs).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Planning to stay in Weymouth for the weekend, hopefully that Journey on the Saturday won't be too bad.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Planning to stay in Weymouth for the weekend, hopefully that Journey on the Saturday won't be too bad.

Its a good hour and a half from Weymouth, just under an hour from Lyme.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Been there, won, see no reason to go back. Certainly not with an OPEN terrace in October. Bollox to that. Think we were lucky the last time I went and it didnt rain.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Although they did let you out for a half time smoke.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was shockingly cold. To be fair to their stewards though, I think they were actually pretty friendly, apart from the one jobsworth ball-thief.

I'm looking forward to it. It will be my two lads' first experience of standing on a terrace (apart from a couple of tin-pot pre-season jobs).

Curiously, so am I. Assuming I get my arse in gear and plan ahead, I won't have to drive, and can at least (hopefully) find somewhere within the same county that serves decent cider.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I shall give this a miss as I have had my share of going to that ground which I consider to be one of the worst in the FL. Not through choice spent years going to Withdean and dont intend to follow that at Yeoil which is arguably slightly better than the view I had at Withdean but no better facilities.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Curiously, so am I. Assuming I get my arse in gear and plan ahead, I won't have to drive, and can at least (hopefully) find somewhere within the same county that serves decent cider.

I'm waivering on the terrace now though, as I've just noticed that the seats are the same price. If you could guarantee good weather it would be terrace all the way, but if I buy terrace and its pissing down, I'll be gutted.

I think I might buy seats, then IF the weather is nice, try to blag across...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here