Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeates

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Zebedee said:
In a word, because he was absolutely crap. Gave the impression that he didn't give a damn and, for a tall player, won nowt in the air. Unless he improves tenfold he should go back to Fulham.

:(

Someone on Harty's phone-in, who left early, said he saw him leaving the ground before the end of the match. What do we read into that? Somebody suggested he might have gone early because of Ramadan.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Fran Hagarty said:
Someone on Harty's phone-in, who left early, said he saw him leaving the ground before the end of the match. What do we read into that? Somebody suggested he might have gone early because of Ramadan.

We can't sign players who are going to go home early because of their religious beliefs.

That must be a load of Northampton.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
fatboy said:
We can't sign players who are going to go home early because of their religious beliefs.

That must be a load of Northampton.

I should think it's more likely that McGhee had something to say to him at half time that he didn't like!

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
i think we need to giv the lad a chance. to me he seemed to be one of very few players in the stripes that were hungry for the ball! agreed 1st half he was out of his depth on the left but hey, he's not a left winger!

2nd half he looked muchmore usefull, and as someone already mentioned, he seemed to work well with piercyand knight.

Give the lad a break, let him get a couple o fgames under his belt, he has, afterall, got to get used to playing with a whole new squad of players, he's not gonna be at his best overnight.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
That was his first ever game in a Senior side,so give the boy a chance!

I agree he was wasted in the first half playing wide left!(Bit worried about Mcghees tatical thinking there!)But in the 2nd half I thought he was one of the only players to actually show himself and demand the ball,and he showed a bit of commitment,pity a few of the others didnt!!

Yeates was very disappointing in the first half but second half was a different player once he came inside. To me a definite glimmer of hope, it was too little to late, but he put himself about, won a lot of ball and linked well with Piercy.

If Yeates continues to pay in that inside role I reckon he could do a job for us.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I wasn’t as impressed with him as McGhee seems to be, but I thought he did alright and got better as the game went on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets call a spade a spade he was absolute shite and put in the worst 1st half performance of a so called professional footballer I have seen in 30 years. He looked as though he had not seen or kicked a football in his life. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights and also gave the appearance of I could not give a shite about this team.

He did manage to give a few 10 yard passes to some of our players in the second half but I could have done that and I am 41, fat and very unfit !.

If we are goig to play 18 year olds lets play some of our youth team who want to have their future at the club. Yeates does not give a shite about BHAFC and it showed yeasterday.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As some-one stated on another thread why oh why did we take
him back on loan..surely pitcher or hammond /harding would
show more passion.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Gareth Glover said:

If we are goig to play 18 year olds lets play some of our youth team who want to have their future at the club. Yeates does not give a shite about BHAFC and it showed yeasterday.
Quite right but he wasn't as bad as Rehman.
What's the point of investing in the youth team if Virgo, Harding and Hammond are kept out by **** like Butters and Pethick?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What makes you think our own youth players care more than imports. Adam El-Abd isn't a Brighton fan. They want to play football to the best of their ability.

I thought he did very well. He was much better than Jones has been. He got into positions to recieve the ball, he passed it well, he had good control, technique and vision. He was one of the few players who got really stuck in and actually looked like he wanted to play.

What he didn't do was particually excite anyone. I had hoped he might bring in some flair and pace. He obviously wanted to have a tidy game on his debut. He didn't want to make mistakes.

If we continually abuse our own players its no suprise we're doing crap. Let's support them. We're in this with them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fran Hagarty said:
I should think it's more likely that McGhee had something to say to him at half time that he didn't like!

You mean something along the lines of "You're a great strapping fella laddie but you cannae play futball to save ya wee life. I hav'nae seen such a wetwanking display on the footie pitch. Best ye get a quick shoower, get in yer wee car and fook off fra' where ye came?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here