Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeates

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I didn't think much of him.

For an attacking left sided player he looked very right footed. I didn't see him use his left foot once.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
To be honest fatboy it was difficult to tell as the whole team was wank :angry: :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeates was a fish out of water wide on the left, but once he was moved back to his more accustomed role in the middle I thought he improved 10-fold. Put himself about, got stuck in and was certainly more involved than Rehman was in the first.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Looked completely out of his depth.

Can see him returning to Spurs quite quickly if todays performance was anything to go by.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why did Rehman go off?

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Think we need to give this lad a chance. Apparently he plays 'in the hole' (!) or up front at Spurs, and the closest he'd ever come to first team footy was sitting on a bench at Middlesborough. To suddenly throw in a kid into a team, and play him out of position was a bit harsh, and it showed in the first half. Second half, with him moved inside, he looked more composed and involved, and ran at people. He's obviously got a lot to learn, but I think there's more to come from him.

Seagull Stew

southstandandy said:
Someone said on the phone in it was due to Ramadan ?

This must surely be a wind up ?

Yes, I would have thought so mate. whoever sent that text in must be pissing himself that it actually got read out!

As far as Yeates is concerned, I'm sorry, but he was simply completely out of his depth. If we are going to give youngsters a chance then we should at least make sure they are our own.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gotsmanov said:
Cos he was f***ing shite.

I'd like to think that McGhee headbutted him and laid him out cold at half-time.

You beat me to it with that assessment.

Send the gutless twat back. No spirit, no fight, no passion and clearly doesn't give a f*** if we win, lose or draw.

Having said that, that could be said of most of them out there today.:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
The whole team need to be sacked!! But no chance of that now as Dick wanker knight has given the whole squad a new improved 3 year contracts last season. What a wanker

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Agree he was much better second half, why did Mcghee play him on the left to start?
As for lacking effort, he did actually put in the only fully committed tackle made by someone in a striped shirt all day!
Give him a chance FFS!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Seagull_Stew said:
Yes, I would have thought so mate. whoever sent that text in must be pissing himself that it actually got read out!

As far as Yeates is concerned, I'm sorry, but he was simply completely out of his depth. If we are going to give youngsters a chance then we should at least make sure they are our own.

absolutely spot on mate!!

robbo, hammond or harding should be tryed before this kid.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
fatboy said:
Why did Rehman go off?

In a word, because he was absolutely crap. Gave the impression that he didn't give a damn and, for a tall player, won nowt in the air. Unless he improves tenfold he should go back to Fulham.

:(

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Yeates was very good (well compared to others) second half when pushed into the middle. Thought him, Piercey and Knight linked well at times. He's definitely not a left winger though.

Didn't think it was fair of Mayo to give him abuse over the first goal. Yeates was the last man and shouldn't have been left with that responsibility on his debut. He needed support from his team mates, not abuse.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Kneon Light said:
Yeates was very good (well compared to others) second half when pushed into the middle. Thought him, Piercey and Knight linked well at times. He's definitely not a left winger though.

Didn't think it was fair of Mayo to give him abuse over the first goal. Yeates was the last man and shouldn't have been left with that responsibility on his debut. He needed support from his team mates, not abuse.

Agreed. He looked very commited in the second half and made some great challenges.

Zesh, however, was very dissapointing.:nono:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Kneon Light said:

I agree. And Mayo is hardly in a position of strength to criticise others. He's been crap this season.

:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here