Xmas Cheese Boards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just bought my Xmas cheese board and its looking good: Figuette goats, Brie de Melun (lovely and strong), Lancashire bomb, manchego, the belle de Charlton which was Comte Grande Reserve, Gouda Vieux, Epoisses au Mark Le Cave (super super stinky) and a Stilton matured in port.

I am currently road testing the Gouda and the Stilton with a glass of Brewdog Jackhammer. Alles gut.

What's on your plate then?

D

Deleted member 18477

Mature Cheddar. And some Swiss cheese.

All other cheese taste like sick!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Danish Blue - The dogs bollox of cheeses

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A mini babybell and 2 processed cheese slices. No cheese for the nibbler of nibblers this year :-( a strict diet forbids it. No roast spuds, mash, cheese sauce, gravy or ale either. Merry bloody christmas.

D

Deleted member 18477

A mini babybell and 2 processed cheese slices. No cheese for the nibbler of nibblers this year :-( a strict diet forbids it. No roast spuds, mash, cheese sauce, gravy or ale either. Merry bloody christmas.

Why on earth are you dieting on Christmas Day?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Rocquefort -The greatest of the blue cheeses (don't let the Stiltonians tell you otherwise)
plus
Le Montagnon Vacherin Mont d'Or (texture of silk, smell of dead socks and taste of heaven).Imported from France for a tenner a pound.
plus
Pont L'Eveque (the belter from Normandy).Firmly my favourite Normandy cheese.
plus
Isle of Mull Cheddar (simply the finest British Cheddar, try it and be amazed). Not one for the faint hearted 'mild Cheddarists amongst us'.

with Arran Oatcakes, smooth and oatcakey

oh and copious volumes of Rioja..........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Luvverly!

Ain't no cheese too strong for the TTF palate!

TNBA

TTF

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Just put my board out for tonights pre xmas party. Wensleydale, Manchego. Inglewhite Goats, and Red Leicester. Rathe selfishly I have held back my Lancashire. Nobody gets their hands on that crumbly gem!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why on earth are you dieting on Christmas Day?

Training for a job. No choice. Trying to find a low fat gravy but cheese is out. My theoretical cheeseboard would definately include some Stinking Bishop and Middle Farm's whole chili cheese and Port Mature cheddar though.

D

Deleted member 18477

Training for a job. No choice. Trying to find a low fat gravy but cheese is out. My theoretical cheeseboard would definately include some Stinking Bishop and Middle Farm's whole chili cheese and Port Mature cheddar though.

You've got dieting all wrong. Nothing is out! Just watch your calories simple as that.

Unless you can't eat certain foods for this job?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You've got dieting all wrong. Nothing is out! Just watch your calories simple as that.

Unless you can't eat certain foods for this job?

I wouldn't normally do such a drastic diet, it's not good for you but I have to lose weight by the 7th Jan, then I can go back to normality. And normality is cheese!

D

Deleted member 18477

I wouldn't normally do such a drastic diet, it's not good for you but I have to lose weight by the 7th Jan, then I can go back to normality. And normality is cheese!

Ahh I see. Not much time. That's fair.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Have you got a roll in a German concentration camp or something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Will pop down to Brighton Sausage Company tomorrow and raid their counter, just hope I've not left it too late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Playing a war veteran with PTSD set over the course of a year.

Nice one. Does this mean that as well as back on the cheese you'll be in town after the 7th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports