Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Cheese Boards

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Cheeseboards are so outre. The buzzcuisine is porcine and herb platters...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nice one. Does this mean that as well as back on the cheese you'll be in town after the 7th?

Oh yes, we will Craft it before you depart. I'll get Bushy along, I'm sure he's gonna wanna know all about the film.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh yes, we will Craft it before you depart. I'll get Bushy along, I'm sure he's gonna wanna know all about the film.

Sure. Lets do that.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Cheeseboard magnifique...
Barkham Blue
Shropshire blue
Stinking bish
Yarg
Camembert
& One whose name I forget covered in nettles.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have added another cheese to my list,tried at a London hotel and now one of my favourites,Shropshire Blue which is available at the Brighton Sausage Co,amongst others.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have the usual selection with the addition of some Manchego which I discovered quite recently. Made with Ewes milk- fairly mild and buttery. Also some Reblochon which I love.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have the usual selection with the addition of some Manchego which I discovered quite recently. Made with Ewes milk- fairly mild and buttery. Also some Reblochon which I love.

Good call on the Manchego.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Vacharin, Black Bomber, Cave aged Gruyere, Sussex Crumble, Goodwood smoked, Chaume, Pickle Power & Mayfield Swiss.

They can all get themselves on some biscuits with some pickles and take a damned good eating with a glass of decent red. Nice.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I've got a massive block of Stilton, went to the dairy at Colston Basset to fetch it, so cost half what it does in the shops. That, some Brie and some mature cheddar. Could do with some goats cheese though. Suggestions?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does admitting that I like Wensleydale with Cranberries make me a bad person in the eyes of you cheese aficionados out there?

Fine with me. I'm not an aficionado by any stretch. I have a few favourites but I simply tell the cheese man why I'm after in lay terms and he sorts me out.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Epoisses

Once again the one & only cheese you will need. It's good to see the number of votes has risen to two this year already for the greatest cheese ( Napoleons view prior to mine) that is washed in Marc de Bourgogne until maturity

Accompanied by :

Ouse valley foods Red Chilli Jelly ( the most astonishing award winning product to ever be put in a glass jar)

Pellegrino Limoncello 32% Sicilian lemons coloured with saffron, served with both the bottle & 'shot' glasses straight from the deep freeze

Marvellous

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Smell my cheese, you mother!" Yep, looking forward to the cheeseboard - a whole brie, goat's cheese, extra mature English cheddar, stilton. Nothing gourmet but a solid selection nonetheless.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like a bit of Torta di Dolcelatte (alternate layers of dolcelatte and mascarpone) on a hot buttered crumpet. Yum yum. For a Sussex cheese, a nice piece of Sussex Slipcote will do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here