Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XBOX One

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sony will shoot themselves if pricing around the same mark as the Xbox One.
Who knows, they might wuss out and leave pricing announcement until the Summer?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
PS4 is £349. Region unlocked. No DRM. Sony win.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why call it XBox 1? It sounds like they have run out of ideas.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
My bugbear with both is this is they look so Googling BORING!!!! I don't want a black cornflake packet under my TV. Black, yes, but a little bit of style and shape would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and MS have completely lost the plot. First Windoze8 and now the XBone.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
ps4 it is then - only negative is having to pay for online play, but if you get same benefits that you currently get with playstation plus, then the positives outweigh the negatives

The amount of free content you get every month is nuts - PS+ is superb value. It's not the end of the world if you need it to play games online. Compared to XBL it's a much better deal

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ended up pre ordering a PS4 after the press conference last night even though I don't really play consoles and it'll end up in my frontroom used as a FIFA box?? The power of positive PR. Sony can have my money as they totally get it and their support of indie developers is great.

Sony took a massive shite over Microsoft last night, I imagine their offices were something akin to the last days of the reich whilst watching the Sony press conference.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
oh dear microsoft......

ps4 it is then - only negative is having to pay for online play, but if you get same benefits that you currently get with playstation plus, then the positives outweigh the negatives

Where does it say you have to pay online? I can't see where it says in that article

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've NEVER been one for getting into (the most tedious debate ever invented) "The playstation is better than your xbox" crap.

I've always bought the console which did what I wanted for the best price. I've gone from playstation to xbox in the past.

Based on these recent releases I will be going back to PS4. I'm not going to claim "the xbox is crap" etc etc after doing so. I'm just buying the ps4 because it plays the games I want (mostly Fifa) and is the cheapest. Quite simple really.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
BMdk92pCIAAl3GZ.jpg

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Had both pre-ordered with amazon, have now cancelled my xbox order as the Sony presentation was so much more exciting and it just seems like more of a gaming console than the xbox is. Will miss Forza though.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've had my Xbox for many years, and the 360 since it was released. Always been very happy with the product and never looked at a Playstation since the PS2. But I'm very, very close to putting in my pre-order for the PS4. Since the tech specs pretty much match up like for like, a lack of any real must-have exclusive on the XBone, and the over-the-top resell and lending issues and now a more expensive price - it's a bit of a no-brainer. Dunno what the big deal is with the PS+ membership cost, since I've been paying that every year for Live Gold membership.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've had my Xbox for many years, and the 360 since it was released. Always been very happy with the product and never looked at a Playstation since the PS2. But I'm very, very close to putting in my pre-order for the PS4. Since the tech specs pretty much match up like for like, a lack of any real must-have exclusive on the XBone, and the over-the-top resell and lending issues and now a more expensive price - it's a bit of a no-brainer. Dunno what the big deal is with the PS+ membership cost, since I've been paying that every year for Live Gold membership.

the ps4 is more powerful than the xbox one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here