Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XBOX One

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I don't get the gambling on the TV stuff, and thats from someone who uses Sky Player on 360 a lot. When i watch TV, i just want to watch TV, i don't want to Skype or prepare on online game or use the Internet. They're never gonna be able to compete directly with Sky/Virgin, so its never gonna be my primary TV service.

The whole console and Kinect looks very big and ugly. Pointless redesign of the controller as well, for something which was regarded as nigh on perfect.

At the end of the day, if Halo and Gears of War are on it, then i'll buy it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This next gaming generation is going to be a lot different to the previous ones. I reckon we are going to see exclusives go out of the window within a couple of years. It is far more profitable to develop games for a number of systems at a time. More people will now be 'one system'.

I think exclusives could be dealbreakers. Bungie shipping Destiny on PS4 as well as Xbox is a huge bonus for Sony. If they can keep the likes of Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Quantic Dreams working exclusively on Playstation it could give them the edge in gaming terms

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I think exclusives could be dealbreakers. Bungie shipping Destiny on PS4 as well as Xbox is a huge bonus for Sony. If they can keep the likes of Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Quantic Dreams working exclusively on Playstation it could give them the edge in gaming terms

I believe in about 2 years (maybe a bit shorter) the only company who will regularly develop 1st party exclusives is Nintendo.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm a neutral, have owned all consoles and have no real preference to be honest.
Waiting for the proper PS4 reveal but the Xbox One does look very good.
I'd stack some cash on Microsoft completely dropping the 'fee for pre-owned' ideas. That won't happen.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Blimey - I assume the used game fee would be about £5-£10 but it's worse than that:

However, Microsoft executive Phil Harrison, in an interview with Kotaku, has some potentially bad news. The aforementioned 'fee' to play games on a second account? Full MSRP. So if you want to play your game on another system, you'll be dishing out an extra $40, $50, $60 - unless you're logged into your main account. (Parental controls will allow you to grant access to other accounts on the same hardware.) Harrison did tell Kotaku that his company plans to allow gamers to 'trade' their used games online somehow - though declined to get into further details.
If that's true then it will PS4's all round.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Either way I'm going to have to keep my 360 connected up in case I ever have the "Guitar Hero urge" that often hits me at random times. The new Xbox isn't backwards compatable so I can't play any of them on there....

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
UKlnAq5.png

oops

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

It was canned apparently according to the Giant Bombcast guys.

Interesting to see that Microsoft's shares dipped today whilst Nintendo and Sony's rose.

I do all my gaming on a PC so the console war doesn't bother me but if it did I'd be buying a PS4. The limit to the number of users that can play a game plus having to pay additional money for a P2P internet service would be a real turn-off for me. It also comes bundled with Kinect which I'm presuming will bump the price up quite a bit. I have no interest in shouting or moving in front of the TV unless it's expletives at a friend during a game of FIFA.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It also comes bundled with Kinect which I'm presuming will bump the price up quite a bit. I have no interest in shouting or moving in front of the TV unless it's expletives at a friend during a game of FIFA.

Having to have it connected and on all the time would start to freak me out over time. It would be sitting there. Watching me. Plotting against me.

Open the Xbox CD tray, Hal...
I'm afraid I can't do that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have an Xbox360 but think the pendulum is going to swing back Sony's way with this next gen. PS2 was better than Xbox, Xbox360 beat PS3, now it's PS4's turn to rule I reckon.
I disagree that the PS2 was better than the Xbox, I much preferred the Xbox, and its controllers. I won't be in a rush to get the PS4 or Xbox, so I'll probably wait until next year, then go and test them both with a mate.

Having to have it connected and on all the time would start to freak me out over time. It would be sitting there. Watching me. Plotting against me.

Open the Xbox CD tray, Hal...
I'm afraid I can't do that.
:lol: My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I have an Xbox360 but think the pendulum is going to swing back Sony's way with this next gen. PS2 was better than Xbox, Xbox360 beat PS3, now it's PS4's turn to rule I reckon.

I'm with you on this, I am yet to completely decided but the PS4 is looking more inviting. The only trouble is that would see me loosing my 100k gamerscore on the 360 :( (yeah I'm a saddo I know)

On the price, don't forget that close to £90 of the extra cost to us is VAT.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Works out about $160 more than in the US. Madness.

If Sony have a more reasonable price they'll own the European market

I hope Sony do because I'm a PS3 guy but it's definitely interesting to compare the two and I noticed that with the price, do you know why it would be so much more expensive here?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Works out about $160 more than in the US. Madness.
The US price doesn't include tax, which will vary state to state. Our price includes 20% VAT for a start. The price is too high for my liking, but it's not too bad compared to the US.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All Sony have to do is announce a price sub £400 and they'll have this gen sewn up in Europe. **** paying 420 for a console, you can build a half decent PC with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here