Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox one or playstation 4?

With the positives swaying people to ps4, will u stay loyal to your Xbox or come to ps4?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thought i would leave this video here - its a next-gen fifa video - looking VERY good i must say

it might look great but will it stop the habit of switching controlled player just as i go to shoot/tackle so that the wrong player makes the action? (they may have solved this, i havent played sports games for years as i hate this trait)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Visually it looks great - I'm looking forward to playing it. More physical and a need for more thoughtful buildup play should make for more satisfying gameplay.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Was firmly in the Xbox camp... not anymore.

Shame though cos look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MfYuP6L44k

I thought the same thing, but I'm put off by the fact it looks like a bunch of quick time/press a button to win game.

After watching both presentations, I'm looking at the PS4, I have a Xbox360 currently and I know there will be plenty of games over the next year. So I'll be waiting at least six months I'm in no hurry to line their pockets with my money yet. Had Mircosoft marketed the Xbox One at between £200-£250 and made the games £20-£25 new I could have lived with the idea that I could never sell my games and always had to buy new. But they've completely lost the plot with this machine and price plan.

Couple of games caught my eye at E3

[yt]XpcjUkG2FI4[/yt]

[yt]XHGJ33Co_cw[/yt]

Will be interested to see more of the new Star Wars Battlefront as well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They really had no choice. Very much on the back foot now. Disastrous few weeks.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
They realised they couldn't take advantage of their customers, I hope it's too late and people have decided theyre ***** and they go down

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
just to let everyone know, Microsoft had a showing today at gamescom and have stated that any one who pre-orders there xboxone will receive fif14 for free, trying to justify the extra bit of money which is pretty good from them i think.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
bit extra? its 80 chuffing quid more for inferior hardware.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
It's a slight situation, fifa comes out next month and then ps4 comes out in November, are they doing this to make everyone buy twice?! Bet they are as I MIGHT be stupid enough to be forced to buy it twice.... Same with GTA

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
It's a slight situation, fifa comes out next month and then ps4 comes out in November, are they doing this to make everyone buy twice?! Bet they are as I MIGHT be stupid enough to be forced to buy it twice.... Same with GTA

looks like in the usa both ps4 and xbox will have a trade in deal for ps3 to ps4 games. buy fifa 14 for ps3, and when the ps4 comes out, you can trade it in for the ps4 version for a tenner. career mode and ultimate team stuff also transfers over - very smart

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
bit extra? its 80 chuffing quid more for inferior hardware.
No it isn't. Although the GPU isn't as fast, the controller is better, and you get Kinect. Sure, you may hate the idea of Kinect, but that's what MS are are putting together and it costs money to make.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it might look great but will it stop the habit of switching controlled player just as i go to shoot/tackle so that the wrong player makes the action? (they may have solved this, i havent played sports games for years as i hate this trait)

You can alter how sensitive this is in your settings - think you have been able to for a couple of years now.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No it isn't. Although the GPU isn't as fast, the controller is better, and you get Kinect. Sure, you may hate the idea of Kinect, but that's what MS are are putting together and it costs money to make.

The one guy who buys the Xbone right here. ^^^

Take a look at the full specs and you'll see the Sony smashes MS all over the park.
The 360 won the last round, this round has already been won before release.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

The Xbox 1 was actually less powerful than the PS4, then had to make changes to its components to come up to par with the PS4, and because of that, it's delayed until 2014 in a lot of European countries

The Xbox 1 has been a complete disaster so far compared to the PS4 in terms of PR and how they have released info. But, that isn't to say that once consoles are out, it won't do just as well as the PS4 - however, I'll be sticking to the cheaper PS4 because I don't need pointless kinect and i prefer their exclusives (only Xbox exclusive I rate is Forza, which is amazing)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
looks like in the usa both ps4 and xbox will have a trade in deal for ps3 to ps4 games. buy fifa 14 for ps3, and when the ps4 comes out, you can trade it in for the ps4 version for a tenner. career mode and ultimate team stuff also transfers over - very smart

That's excellent!! Might aswell get it then :)

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

oh yes it is. Kinect is a fig leaf, the PS4 is 30% faster, with a shed load more GPU cores and all that GDDR5 memory. to boil it down, Sony have created a custom graphics card with a built in CPU, while Microsoft have reboxed a ordinary PC + GPU setup.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure where people are getting their facts from in this thread, it all a bit fanboyish.

The two systems are broadly equivalent apart from the PS4 using GDDR5 RAM which has higher bandwith while the XBONE using DDR3 which is lower latency. It remains to be seen who manages to get the best out of their systems but there shouldn't be much between them. Also the ps4 reserves more memory for the OS than the xbone....so the actual games on xbone will have more ram available to use, the GPU is less powerful tho. Remember the ps3 is vastly more powerful than the 360 and most games still looked better on the 360 this gen because its easier to code for. The closer to PC architecture the better as far as devs getting the best from a machine imo.

Sony haven't had a consistent message throughout, they have just been clever....they dumped the PS eye at the last minute so they could slash the price and undercut m$. By the time you get FIFA14 and a PS Eye the xbone will prolly come out cheaper. Also remember that EVERY xbone will have kinect so expect it to be vastly more integrated into xbone games by the devs, if someone actually dreams up a good use for the camera/mic it could end up being miles better on the xbone....last gen ms giving away headsets with live memberships and the 360 was a HUGE part of what made live so much better than the ps3 online offering...EVERYONE had the same kit and could talk and chat.

Saying all that I have a ps4 on order because of the used games thing, I dont care if they dropped the idea...they still wanted to do it.

Plus m$ were the first company on board with PRISM so expect the US Gov to be peering out at your through your kinect2 sensor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here