Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox one or playstation 4?

With the positives swaying people to ps4, will u stay loyal to your Xbox or come to ps4?

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Presumably you don't watch films and TV shows or read books either?

I said childish things, I seldom watch TV, go to the movies maybe once a year, but do read quite a lot when I can.
With band practices, playing gigs, songwriting,working, home improvements and providing for the family I just don't get time for this sort of thing and to be honest, have never felt the need for it.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I have some basic questions to ask you experts - my son has an Xbox 360, which is now frequently 'freezing' when playing FIFA 13 so he would now like to get an XBOne to replace it. Firstly, does anyone know a solution to prevent the 'freezing' ? secondly, I have heard suggestions that the games he currently has for his 360 will not be compatible to use on the XBOne - is this correct ? it is this perception which is stopping me from getting him FIFA 14 for his 360 if he couldn't then use it if he upgraded to an XBOne ! if so, then I'm naturally swayed to steering him towards the PS4 based on the feedback on here and it being cheaper !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have some basic questions to ask you experts - my son has an Xbox 360, which is now frequently 'freezing' when playing FIFA 13 so he would now like to get an XBOne to replace it. ... if so, then I'm naturally swayed to steering him towards the PS4 based on the feedback on here and it being cheaper !

here's a plan: tell him you want to go for a PS4, thats the best option as you pay its your say. find out how quickly he resolves the "freezing" problem himself :lolol:

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I have some basic questions to ask you experts - my son has an Xbox 360, which is now frequently 'freezing' when playing FIFA 13 so he would now like to get an XBOne to replace it. Firstly, does anyone know a solution to prevent the 'freezing' ? secondly, I have heard suggestions that the games he currently has for his 360 will not be compatible to use on the XBOne - is this correct ? it is this perception which is stopping me from getting him FIFA 14 for his 360 if he couldn't then use it if he upgraded to an XBOne ! if so, then I'm naturally swayed to steering him towards the PS4 based on the feedback on here and it being cheaper !

You can upgrade selected games such as fifa to play on the xbox for £10 which is good. As for the freezing I'm not sure but my playstation was running slow and froze a few times and I hoovered out all the dust and that seemed to help

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
You can upgrade selected games such as fifa to play on the xbox for £10 which is good. As for the freezing I'm not sure but my playstation was running slow and froze a few times and I hoovered out all the dust and that seemed to help
Thanks Russting

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Can't wait for my ps4 to come, especially now for some reason amazon have already sent me my ps4 version of cod :cool:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't wait for my ps4 to come, especially now for some reason amazon have already sent me my ps4 version of cod :cool:

I eventually upgraded my PS4 order to the Fifa 14, Killzone, Camera, and extra Controller bundle, expensive at £470 (just £40 more than the XBone on its own though) but just an extra controller and Fifa 14 would have put it up to 450 so essentially getting an extra game and the camera for free.

Really looking forward to some of the indie games as well, Resogun (free for PSN members at launch and Octodad particularly.

I hope they release VitaTV over here as it would be great to stream the PS4 to a TV in another room without having to move the PS4 itself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just bought a XBox 360 bundle with gold membership, Minecraft and FIFA14 for £160 at Argos. The Xbox One sells for well over £400.

So very briefly, what does an XBox One give you over an XBox 360? I'm just wondering what the shelf life will be of his new Xbox 360.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So very briefly, what does an XBox One give you over an XBox 360? I'm just wondering what the shelf life will be of his new Xbox 360.
If you want to play single player games, the 360 has a huge back catalogue for you to work through (and you can get them cheap). If it's multiplayer you're after, then newer games will stop being released for it at some point, and the number of players online will dwindle.

The 360 can access tv streaming etc, but the X1 was designed to be in the living room, always on, and good at providing internet etc on the TV. The X1 will give better graphics, more players/cars/zombies etc. It also comes with Kinect 2, if that's your bag.

I take it you got the 4gb version of the 360 - where do the games go - are you supposed to use a separate USB stick?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've just bought a XBox 360 bundle with gold membership, Minecraft and FIFA14 for £160 at Argos. The Xbox One sells for well over £400.

I imagine they will keep supporting games for it a couple of years yet. Also if you haven't had a console up until now there are so many games you could go back and play. Buying one of the new consoles is really not advisable (initial hardware/software bugs and lack of games) until the first or two is over and in two years time 100-200 would have been knocked off the price. I just want a new shiny thing although completely aware it's bit of a foolish purchase.

They still make new Fifa games for PS2 as they were so ubiquitous but they are just roster updates these days.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Well it's the new improved model, the 360 was released in 2005 so is obviously starting to get on a bit. By next year you'll start to find the majority of games wont be released on the 360 and in 2 years time you'll only really have the back catalogue to choose from.

It's been very interesting to see just how great the hardware disparity is this generation, it looks as though the PS4 is a significantly more powerful console.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

FIFA14 tournament at Christmas then?

As for having an XBox 360, I couldn't justify buying the XBox One given the VAST number of good value games you can get on the 360 and the fact that I can already use it for Netflix, Sky, catch-up TV, streaming from my PC etc.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I eventually upgraded my PS4 order to the Fifa 14, Killzone, Camera, and extra Controller bundle, expensive at £470 (just £40 more than the XBone on its own though) but just an extra controller and Fifa 14 would have put it up to 450 so essentially getting an extra game and the camera for free.

Really looking forward to some of the indie games as well, Resogun (free for PSN members at launch and Octodad particularly.

I hope they release VitaTV over here as it would be great to stream the PS4 to a TV in another room without having to move the PS4 itself.

Yeah I did the same but I'm a bit worried as my order hasn't updated yet to say I got the bundle ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah I did the same but I'm a bit worried as my order hasn't updated yet to say I got the bundle ???

Mine updated this morning, I think they just have a lot of them to work through- pretty sure they said it might take them to the 12th to update all of the pre-orders. Did you order COD seperately?

It's annoying that the US get the PS4 in 8 days and we still have 3 weeks and 3 days!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
COD: Ghosts - a homage or a cut and paste job?

[yt]5E82ZkHTiVU[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here