Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] WW3 anyone know the kick off date and time yet ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well, if it means Only Fools & Horses never gets to win the UKCC24, then... not all bad I guess. (y)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've got my rich tea fingers in. Although stocks were a bit low at Sainsburys last night.

Will it be on Sky or TNT ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Whatever whenever happens we have no chance. 2 initial reasons. Don’t have industry (energy and manufacturing) base anymore so how can you fight without such infrustructure that takes decades to build? Country also now has millions whose loyalty / sympathy lies with likely enemies. Not like WW1 with a few German waiters in London. Instead millions (not hundreds, or even thousands like previous WW) of “British” would likely identify with and support other countries the moment our lame government declared war (on whoever America did, obviously), likely leading to such in-fighting (aka civil war) that we’d need our (pitiful) armed forces to retake cities here never mind anywhere else.

Third and fourthly, just for fun, our politicians are useless so who would lead us? No Churchills in the wings to my knowledge. Then there’s our youth, majority of whom would object to being called up on all manner of reasons modern life has created. There’s absolutely no chance of them even being fit enough to fight never mind wanting to.

We are so under prepared for war, and so dependent on others, it really isn’t funny. Everyone (that cares) knows this. In other words, the vast majority don’t but then why worry when there’s a new series of Love Island or Traitors to watch?!

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Crazy times folks...

With Russia, Iran, Israel, all it, China itching to start it, America about to vote for it, us to blindly fall into it....

I wondered if anyone knew when, where, what time the actual kick off time or date will be ?
If I know in advance, I can store up large multi packs of loo roll and pot noodles.
Soba noodles are better than Pot noodles.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Crazy times folks...

With Russia, Iran, Israel, all it, China itching to start it, America about to vote for it, us to blindly fall into it....

I wondered if anyone knew when, where, what time the actual kick off time or date will be ?
If I know in advance, I can store up large multi packs of loo roll and pot noodles.
It was the day before yesterday. You must have slept in and missed it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think what you really want to know is the date of the second coming and Armageddon … oh hang on you don’t bel…🙂

We are already in a 3rd World War and it has been gradually escalating for the past 18 months imo maybe longer - It is consists of globally influenced proxy wars in both Ukraine/Russia and Palestine/Israel - both conflicts about territory and regional influence between the East and West albeit with different combatants on the ground but both very much interconnected - something most people are just waking up to. You forgot Iran firing missiles into Pakistan terror groups btw US and UK exchanging direct fire with Iran-backed groups: Hezbollah from Syria and Lebanon; Houthis from Yemen; Iraqi terrorist groups in Iraq; Hamas in Palestine, Turkey and Qatar - all destabilising relationships at a global level and ’inviting’ US Coalition War on Terror attacks on their largest host countries including Iran, Lebanon and Syria.

China is restrained from invading Taiwan to protect its commercial interests in the States but if Trump/DeSantis gets elected, they will be pursuing a policy of cutting economic ties with China according to live debates and China’s belligerence toward Taiwan may increase bolstered by China’s increasingly close partnership with Russia since Russia invaded Ukraine. Tawain was never big enough of an issue to the West to start a global conflict over it.

Countries currently converging on the Red Sea

US
UK
Saudia Arabia
France
Italy
Greece
Israel
and a number of other multi-national maritime forces

The war in Ukraine and Israel are the two main trigger points and involve the greatest number of countries than in any other conflict around the world

Countries supplying arms to Ukraine

US
UK
Germany
Poland
Croatia
Finland
Denmark
Ireland
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Switzerland
Netherlands
Norway
Sweden
Canada
and more …

Countries likely supplying arms to Russia (but difficult to prove)
Syria
Iran
North Korea
China
India?

How many more countries need to be involved in the two fronts of one interconnected globally influenced war for it to qualify as a ‘world war’? The hyperbolic, sensationalised myths that a WW3 has to be Armageddon or even a limited Nuclear war is blinding people to the fact we are already in WW3. No world war will ever happen again in the same way WW1 and WW2 were fought. Just because many of these countries don’t have boots on the ground, modern high tech warfare allows conflicts to be fought with great and utter devastation from remote locations far away from the field of combat and those that are enabling it by providing arms, intelligence and training are just as much protagonists engaged in warfare as the poor sods on the ground paying with it with their lives.

If it goes nuclear btw - You might as well forget stockpiling noodles.

M.A.D.

But it is not going there, so stop freaking, relax - greater minds will prevail. 🙂
Very good analysis 👍. (and not forgetting NZ who has assisted training of Ukrainians in the UK; and Australia has provided military vehicles to Ukraine).

What IS it with this northern hemisphere lot?

If only all the countries you listed would
join together and declare war on global warming...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crazy times folks...

Relax. It was supposedly going to be 1997 and nothing happened.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Allegedly they will need significantly more capability to mount an amphibious assault than they have now, so they will doubtless be working on that as we speak funded by the income from selling fake Europa League shirts to unsuspecting Westerners…..
1705519749176.png

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Crazy times folks...

Based on it being a nuclear war would you really want to be trying to survive in what's left and with no Albion games to look forward to? I'll give the toilet rolls and noodles a swerve and pray the warhead lands right on my noggin!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we need a poll on who you would enjoy your five minute warning with.

Whenever it is, we are doomed.

At least one good thing would come out of it, in the nuclear wasteland, Croydon would look like an upmarket area.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Pakistan V Iran has just kicked off in the qualifiers, both seen as wildcards in this tournament but they could cause some upsets along the way.

Out of interest are we sticking with the ‘Allies V Axis’ nomenclature or does this need rebranding for the 21st century?

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here