Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] WW3 anyone know the kick off date and time yet ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Crazy times folks...

With Russia, Iran, Israel, all it, China itching to start it, America about to vote for it, us to blindly fall into it....

I wondered if anyone knew when, where, what time the actual kick off time or date will be ?
If I know in advance, I can store up large multi packs of loo roll and pot noodles.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Crazy times folks...

With Russia, Iran, Israel, all it, China itching to start it, America about to vote for it, us to blindly fall into it....

I wondered if anyone knew when, where, what time the actual kick off time or date will be ?
If I know in advance, I can store up large multi packs of loo roll and pot noodles.
Are China 'itching to start it'? I'd say it's the last thing they want.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have been far closer to WW3 at other points in the past 75 yars than we are now. I will not be stocking up on loo rolls and pot noodles just yet.
October 1963 we all held our breath. Thanks to a Russian naval captain, we are here now.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It’s an odd one. Russia is virtually bankrupt apart from Putin and the thieving Oligarchs, so there’s no way Russia will take on NATO (even though Trump has mooted pulling the USA out of it, if elected). China is totally reliant on trade with the West, so will take that into consideration before invading Taiwan. Israel, the Sunni’s & Shia’s will continue to fight each other until the Middle East is molten glass and no super power / United Nations will stop that. A lot of potential powder kegs, that could be defused with the death of a few old men.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Are China 'itching to start it'? I'd say it's the last thing they want.

China want Taiwan, it's no secret.

There is a very slight isk that they will use the opportunity of global conflict to invade, but it's very unlikely as the USA in particular would have no choice but to defend it... which could result in world war.

There are so many other rivals and reasons for neighbours to start their own conflicts, that it could escalate - especially with bad actors such as Russia likely encouraging their few remaining friends to cause disruptions.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I reckon our first volunteers or call ups will be those who have already shown bravery in the face of hostile opposition - so if you’ve luzzed a chair on one of our Europa League trips or even a carpet/rug at Brighton Station you are just the sort of person that’s needed to face down these tyrants.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

There is a very slight isk that they will use the opportunity of global conflict to invade, but it's very unlikely as the USA in particular would have no choice but to defend it... which could result in world war.

There are so many other rivals and reasons for neighbours to start their own conflicts, that it could escalate - especially with bad actors such as Russia likely encouraging their few remaining friends to cause disruptions.
Allegedly they will need significantly more capability to mount an amphibious assault than they have now, so they will doubtless be working on that as we speak funded by the income from selling fake Europa League shirts to unsuspecting Westerners…..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm just not convinced about China. Yes, they want Taiwan, but even regardless of the potential military confrontation with America, it would be absolutely catastrophic to their economy, because they need the Yanks to buy their cheap tat that they make. It would be the most unbelievably stupid decision for Xi to invade Taiwan, and would undo his entire legacy of taking them from a nation of peasants to a global super power in a few decades.

The Middle East always has the potential to kick off, but so far it always seems to stay fairly localised, and the big powers of the world must surely know now it's best not to get too heavily involved there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here