Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Wtf is going on in Moscow?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki

1/ An emergency security plan is reported to have been activated in Moscow in response to Yevgeny Prigozhin's 'rebellion', according to a Telegram channel with apparent links to the Russian security forces. An imminent attack on Moscow appears to be anticipated

jeez.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Igor Sushko

@igorsushko
·
45m

🚨
Special Operations Forces (SSO) commanded by Major General Valery Flustikov have taken over control of the Ministry of Defence headquarters on Frunzenskaya in Moscow. Right now, there's no way of knowing whose side he is really on: Shoigu or Prigozhin. Probably "wait & see

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I’m confused - are we talking civil war, a coup, or what?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki

1/ An emergency security plan is reported to have been activated in Moscow in response to Yevgeny Prigozhin's 'rebellion', according to a Telegram channel with apparent links to the Russian security forces. An imminent attack on Moscow appears to be anticipated

jeez.
Paranoid Putin? Or Planned by Putin? It could all be stages. Everything and everyone linked to the country simply cannot be trusted.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks like in early stage of some civil war. coup would assume some attempt to seize positions of power, with Prigozhin and his Wagner group hundreds of miles from Moscow, thats not happening right now. it may happen if some group reacts in Moscow.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I hope it helps end the war in Ukraine but it could all be made up to confuse the Ukrainians (I genuinely hope I’m wrong and it does help).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Wagner apparently has a force of 50,000 with 40,000 of that number made up of early released convicted prisoners it appears the Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin is claiming that Russian forces have attacked a Wagner base with rockets this is after he has been consistently accusing Russian regular forces of not supplying ammunition and general supplies for Wargner.
we will need to see how this plays out but it has all the makings of the beginning of a coup

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
The Wagner Group leaders will have a series of life ending accidents. Putin will maintain total power, the genocide and rape in occupied Ukraine will continue.

But at least this will screw Russia a little.
If I were them I'd keep well away from any second floor windows.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Lukashenko has apparently legged it on his private plane to Turkey and I'll expect Pootin is now locked up in his bunker rocking from side to side

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I seem to recall two other blokes who tried to march their troops on Moscow. I wonder if the chef will trump Napoleon and Hitler? My money is on no.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wagner apparently has a force of 50,000 with 40,000 of that number made up of early released convicted prisoners it appears the Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin is claiming that Russian forces have attacked a Wagner base with rockets this is after he has been consistently accusing Russian regular forces of not supplying ammunition and general supplies for Wargner.
we will need to see how this plays out but it has all the makings of the beginning of a coup
Sounds like Wagner are lying, as you clearly state the weapons were delivered in the quickest possible way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here