Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF has happened to Adam El Abd?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You have to say the transformation of El-Abd from liability to rock at the back has been nothing short of sensational.

He's a joy to watch now. Baffling.

Last season, he was poor, out of position most of the game, played suicidal backpasses, and generally dreadful and heading away from the club.

Along comes Gus, showes faith in him and he is as the Americans say, our MVP ( most valuable player) by an absolute mile.

I hold my hand up, I am now a fan....blimey what a collosal performance today!

What a great day to be a Brighton fan today

An outlandish perspective usually only experienced on LSD.

el-Abd was never "poor" - he has had off days like anyone does, but he was always a solid player who could fit into the middle or the defense well. He's not a dribbler slaloming around oppositions, but then few defenders are.

What HAS happened, is that he has at last been complimented with a better team around him, so we are winning and he's not getting let down by donkey team-mates.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I used to hate the bloke, didn't used to be anywhere near good enough for us. Now however, he is a rock and bloody superb. Can't be long before Eygpt are sniffing about.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He's 100 times better at centre back than right back. If there was a "most improved player" of the season award - he'd win it. Superb again today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Coz he does not go to away matches!!!

in 30 years of supporting Brighton I average around 15 aways a season. Sorry to burst you bubble ( having said all that last few years I havent seen many away I do admit, only about 10 a season)

:thumbsup:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I used to slag him off constantly last year but Gus has really worked magic with him or whatever has happened he is completely different player, he is solid now

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There's some irony in the fact that the one guy who was the most maligned part of that super crop of young Seagulls a few years back is the only one left at the club and in all likelihood the best player of the lot.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I don't think he has improved as much as people say. He has had purple patches before, but I think currently he is benefitting from being played in his best position, with better players around him both in defences and midfield. We are obviously a better team defensively as a unit due to the coaching and tactics and Adam's confidence has risen. I think in the past he has suffered from being a utility player

I don't think he has improved as much as people say. He has had purple patches before, but I think currently he is benefitting from being played in his best position, with better players around him both in defences and midfield. We are obviously a better team defensively as a unit due to the coaching and tactics and Adam's confidence has risen. I think in the past he has suffered from being a utility player

About right.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Funny how one of the first things Poyet said was El Abd is the best defender at the club and most people laughed.

Aug 8, 2010
He's a Forest fan and thinks gotta be playing them in the new ground in the championship (only my opinion) good luck to him and up the seagulls, I'D LOVE IT IF THE ALBION GOT UP THIS YEAR I'D LOVE IT !!!!

:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here