Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
sorry guys but i was well armani,d up and croc shoes from russel and bromleys in east street got my armani gear from frogget if you offered cash you got a few quid off some times i spent a weeks wages on one jumper what a mug

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
sorry guys but i was well armani,d up and croc shoes from russel and bromleys in east street got my armani gear from frogget if you offered cash you got a few quid off some times i spent a weeks wages on one jumper what a mug

I used to buy stuff in Frogget... as did my school mate David Van Day at the time... used to be a funny gay geezer serviing there...Ramsey?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thats nothing Bushy... married 1st wife in 1975... light green suit!!! Dark green velvet tie...

!!
:shootself

On another occassion, actually thought about buying a pair of those blue and white Daisy Roots shoes in Froggats... thankfully they were too expensive..

Still manage to be a fashion crime...luckily, girlfriend is from one of the old Soviet Republics, and used to crap outfits on men...

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive been married three times mate... that evidence was destroyed many years ago...

The wide lapels, really set it off!!!!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Where was this shop called 'Froggats' was it near 'Stunninbg Rags'?

A lad I went to school with worked in Stunning Rags on a Saturday. I don't know what they paid him, but i'm sure he made more on the take.

I have to echo what others have said on here - this is a great thread. I recognise a few WSF names, but was a bit too young. I used to hang around upstairs at Wisdens drooling over the centre circular rack that held the trackie tops on a Saturday afternoon, after Mr K's(whats now Barfly/Gloucester) in the morning - like I said, I was young.....

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
brilliant thread!!! im 39 and grew up in london so was just a bit too young for all this . it feels like i missed out on something but its probably for the best judging by some of the stories on here.

however i do love the clothes and have done for years . have loads of old tacchini , fila , lyle and sott, borg elites, zx500 and pringle stuff etc etc in my wardrobe. i went to an 80's fancy dress the other day and the mrs said just wear your normal clothes.

another sad thing i realised , is it sad? i dont know really. we have a big game on saturday and, just like your wife girlfriend will buy something new for xmas or a party, i have bought a new top for the villa game.

i think i really should have been 5 years older, moved to sussex earlier and got involved. it seems like a lot of fun, although i wouldnt have liked to have ripped the clothes or scuffed up the elites :laugh:

only had a couple of 'incidents' reallly one with a pompey fan and one a cambridge fan. came out on top in both.

great work everyone , keep it coming .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here