Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong values....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nineteenth century.

Great for the rich and landed. A disease riddled, penniless, mysoginsitic, dung infested hole of a country ruled by fear and rape for anyone else. Pretty shonky life for johnny foreigner too.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes back when we went around the world and used force and intimidation to take people's land that we no right to. Yes, the sign of a great nation. And during this time how were the people treated? For instance the poor or the minorities? Werne't they treated like crap? Again not exactly the sign of a "great" nation. Rose tinted specs much

A lot of the time it involved booting the french out and then negotiating with locals, sometimes siding with one side against the other. the people were treated well for the times. Yes a great nation if you ever bothered reading books rather than looking through shit tinted specs.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A disease riddled, penniless, mysoginsitic, dung infested hole of a country ruled by fear and rape for anyone else. Pretty shonky life for johnny foreigner too.

Sounds like most of london today.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A lot of the time it involved booting the french out and then negotiating with locals, sometimes siding with one side against the other. the people were treated well for the times. Yes a great nation if you ever bothered reading books rather than looking through shit tinted specs.

So fantastic that governments, philanthropists and a host of pressure groups felt the need to spend most of the twentieth century reforming the entire Empire.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wait. It was great when we invaded foreign nations, took their national resources and had a huge navy. But when those foreigners come to our country, it's the worst thing on the planet?

**** me.

Apply your own argument to yourself. why is britain being colonised a good thing when doing it to others is a bad thing?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

As a former student of History I've read many books thanks.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well criminals are being looked after very well, so 'im sure the young girl in question will have no need to worry

Friday July 5th 2013

A foreigner who was jailed for looting a shop during the London riots will be allowed to stay in the UK, after a judge ruled deporting him would breach his human rights.

Derrick Kinsasi's lawyers successfully argued that removing him from the country would breach his "right to family life", even though he is not married and has no children.

The 21-year-old, from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), was convicted in October 2011 of burglary and theft after stealing electrical goods from a branch of Comet.

The Home Secretary decided that although he had some family ties in the UK, they did not constitute family life for the purposes of the Human Rights Act.

Kinsasi appealed to the lower immigration tribunal, which upheld Theresa May's decision to deport him. Judges said he was "minimising his abilities to speak Lingala", the language spoken in his home country.

He then launched another legal challenge in the upper immigration tribunal, telling the court: "I don't have anyone (in the DRC); there is no family to go back to. I have a good life here and it's a year until I go to university. I have my mum, three brothers and a little sister.

"Prison isn't the place for me ... I'm trying to keep my head down through education and get help to sort out my bad habit, so that when I get back out there, I know what to do to keep out of trouble."

Judge Nathan Goldstein overturned the previous ruling and allowed Kinsasi's appeal.

"I find that removing him to the DRC has echoes of exile rather than exclusion and it is unlikely to be proportionate," he said.

"The consequence of his removal to the DRC would amount to a splitting of the family unit."

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Afraid you are missing the point....the point of the news report was to put over the fact we are keen to boot out a law abiding citizen but when we try to rid the country of terrorist,thieves,murders and rapist justice seems to take forever. It's alright for you to say it's a non story.....what if it was a member of your family....be a different view then wouldn't it....[/QUOTE

I don't have any illegal African immigrants in my family. Got a few bog-trotters but they got sent back years ago. This country has always displayed the impossibility of reason, when you get a bit more experience of the world you'll see.
Sorry Nibble...it is possible because you have no no illegal immigrants in your family that you take this view....I have'nt either but that does not stop me seeing an injustice.
As regards of having a bit more experience of the world....I'm almost Seventy five years old,have travelled the world...there is not much I have not seen or done.....and your experience is.....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here