Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong values....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I'm not sure this story actually exists!

Have to say have just spent 10 mins searching for it and could not find anything

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Google can't find it.

Found it!!

Background from old clipping https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5124376.112692.293638327335512&type=1&theater

Posting from the girl on her facebook page..dated yesterday

Jackie Young
Thought I would update everyone on my case.

As I'm sure your all aware, I have been struggling with the UK Border Agency for a passport for several years now, they have already refused my application once and wanted to deport me (which if I may add, was not my fault at all .... when I applied the first time, they informed me that my application had been lost, then when I re-applied the 2nd time, they moved buildings so I ended up having to apply for the 3rd time). They took atleast 2years to decide if I'm aloud to stay the first time.

We appealed their decision and re-applied, they were given until Aug 2011 to make another decision, which they failed to do ...... We hadn't heard anything from them and every time we asked them how my case was going, we were told that my case had been handed onto a caseworker.

I got into contact with my solicitor and asked him if I was aloud to get married, which he informed me that I'd be able to do so.
So I started my wedding planning and sent out my invitations and got a Special Licenece to get married.

I woke up on Weds morning palnning my wedding and was literally about to buy my dresses. Then that afternoon I recieved the worst news of my life via email .............. The UK Border Agency have decided to decline my application AGAIN with no right to appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand how the UK Border Agency can decide to deport me to a country where I have nothing, they are taking me away from my family and friends here in England, they are taking me away from my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I wanted to do was get married and live happily with the love of my life Jamie Lewis.

This isn't fair ...... I haven't done anything wrong, I don't claim any benifits from the government and I am not a burden on the society.

Her campaign facebook page..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Let-Jackie-Van-Der-Spuy-Stay-in-the-UK/293638327335512

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The use of the term 'deported' on many of these posts and others shows the ignorance on Immigration. We DO NOT deport illegal immigrants, we only deport criminals who have in the main served a prison term of over 12 months or who's deportation is recommended by the Court. As to the level of illegal immigration into the UK in the past 10, i'm not falling into that trap. Perhaps you can enlighten us with your obvious wisdom on these matters....

You would have used your 'immigration misinformation' argument throughout recent unprecedented immigration levels, never challenging it once.

You might be for it or oppose it, but you can hardly dismiss it, that was my point.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Probably have to go back a bit before your time....when we had the greatest navy and merchant fleet in the world.....when almost a third of the world was under the control of the British Empire

Wait. It was great when we invaded foreign nations, took their national resources and had a huge navy. But when those foreigners come to our country, it's the worst thing on the planet?

**** me.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We were greeted with open arms by each country we liberated from the yoke of self-determination. Foreigners were eager to embrace our values of equality and fraternity and Britons rejoiced in the glorious transfer of wealth from foreign shores to the pockets of their social betters.

And we built railways.
And roads
and schoolso give them education
Gave them hospitals

Not saying everything was right....have served abroad a lot, I have seen the class war....but that happened all over the world when the strongest subjected the lowest caste system....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wait. It was great when we invaded foreign nations, took their national resources and had a huge navy. But when those foreigners come to our country, it's the worst thing on the planet?

**** me.

I can think of few countries, civilisations that might be free from such an allegation, so whats your point ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh dear, looks like she doesn't get to live her life exactly as she planned. Well, none of us do. Life sucks, get a helmet. Non-story, move on.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oh dear, looks like she doesn't get to live her life exactly as she planned. Well, none of us do. Life sucks, get a helmet. Non-story, move on.
Afraid you are missing the point....the point of the news report was to put over the fact we are keen to boot out a law abiding citizen but when we try to rid the country of terrorist,thieves,murders and rapist justice seems to take forever. It's alright for you to say it's a non story.....what if it was a member of your family....be a different view then wouldn't it....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Afraid you are missing the point....the point of the news report was to put over the fact we are keen to boot out a law abiding citizen but when we try to rid the country of terrorist,thieves,murders and rapist justice seems to take forever. It's alright for you to say it's a non story.....what if it was a member of your family....be a different view then wouldn't it....

Fallacious.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Afraid you are missing the point....the point of the news report was to put over the fact we are keen to boot out a law abiding citizen but when we try to rid the country of terrorist,thieves,murders and rapist justice seems to take forever. It's alright for you to say it's a non story.....what if it was a member of your family....be a different view then wouldn't it....[/QUOTE

I don't have any illegal African immigrants in my family. Got a few bog-trotters but they got sent back years ago. This country has always displayed the impossibility of reason, when you get a bit more experience of the world you'll see.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not looked at her facebook page but if she is about to get married so is not 14 or 15. Which further strengthens what I said about her not being included in her parents applications for citizenship.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There is definitely more to this story than meets the eye. If the girl is under 18, which it appears she is, she would count as a dependent of her mother or father in the eyes of the UK Border Agency - their immigration status would be inseparably linked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here