Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham v Notts Co 3pm BT Sport

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Definetly needs to be an easier snd fairer path back into the football league.

I'm an advocate of increasing the football league to 100 clubs with 5 leagues of 20 in each division. 4 up and 4 down from each. The rebalancing would be tricky but I think it would benefit the league in the long run
But, what I love about the Championship is how it can be a leveler for relegated premier league teams. All those games. Relentless. And getting kicked in the air on a cold Tuesday night in Preston.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
But, what I love about the Championship is how it can be a leveler for relegated premier league teams. All those games. Relentless. And getting kicked in the air on a cold Tuesday night in Preston.

You'd still have that just 6 fewer games and opertunity for a winter break. Also if 3 went up automatically from each league and 1 via the play off with 4 relegated it means that there's still alot of interest right up till the end.
You could potentially have teams on the brink of relegation making a very late surge for the play offs in the last few games

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

95th minute penalty save to secure a 3-2 Wrexham win in a huge title race, and it's like he's reading out the weather forecast.

I would do it DULLER than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here