Wrexham replay: they've sold out!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we don't sell our allocation it would be nice if the unsold tickets were returned in time for Wrexham to sell them to home fans , only needs a bit of netting over seats to segregate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe if all these people turned up for the non-glamour games...

1. They wouldn't be playing non-league football
2. They wouldn't have got into financial mess after financial mess.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Where are we now then?

I think a Wrexham fan said we have the upper tier in one of the stands along the side but I don't know if it's the new one or the old one. I sat in the old one to watch Wrexham v Everton when Rooney made his debut and it's a bit like the old West Stand with pillars in the way etc.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

You're fishing yeah? :)

Warrington_Red

Jan 4, 2012
Warrington
I think a Wrexham fan said we have the upper tier in one of the stands along the side but I don't know if it's the new one or the old one. I sat in the old one to watch Wrexham v Everton when Rooney made his debut and it's a bit like the old West Stand with pillars in the way etc.

Yes it's the old (Yale) stand. Or the upper tier of one end anyway. Seems like slightly shabby treatment after the great day we had at your spot, but I guess it's to make sure we pack in as many as possible.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Went to the JPT/LDV/whatever final all those years back to watch Wrexham, and was in the very back row with some regular fans. They were pretty disgusted with the whole event (think they had 25k there or something) and said exactly that, and that was in 2005...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton

Too simplistic Bozza .... attendance has not really been the problem at Wrexham for the past nine years (although they could have always done with more, though Manchester and Liverpool are very close).
The problem has been gross mismanagement of the club and its finances - first by the asset strippers Hamilton and Guterman and more recently by Moss and his cohorts who spent all the cash from Crusaders Rugby lease.
Both sets of owners wanted the club for the potential to develop the land.
It really is like a few chapters from the Bellotti / Archer years for us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their average home gate over the past decade or so has been around 3,000. Now they're getting treble that for a FA Cup game against a Championship side. There's certainly more than a whiff of glory hunting around there if you ask me.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Their average home gate over the past decade or so has been around 3,000. Now they're getting treble that for a FA Cup game against a Championship side. There's certainly more than a whiff of glory hunting around there if you ask me.

I have no problem with that and am sure the Wrexham die-hards don't either... the real glory hunters are the hundreds of kids (and adults) in Wrexham who walk around with Man Utd shirts on!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no problem with that and am sure the Wrexham die-hards don't either... the real glory hunters are the hundreds of kids (and adults) in Wrexham who walk around with Man Utd shirts on!
Er, they do:

Went to the JPT/LDV/whatever final all those years back to watch Wrexham, and was in the very back row with some regular fans. They were pretty disgusted with the whole event (think they had 25k there or something) and said exactly that, and that was in 2005...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not fishing at all, no, but it's an age old problem for less fashionable clubs, and not unique to Wrexham.

1. Club gets big game.
2. Thousands buy tickets or try to buy tickets to that game.
3. Club/local media talks about the incredible attendance and/or how it really shows the potential of the club.
4. Big game is over, attendances return to previous piss-poor levels.

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
I'm not fishing at all, no, but it's an age old problem for less fashionable clubs, and not unique to Wrexham.

1. Club gets big game.
3. Club/local media talks about the incredible attendance and/or how it really shows the potential of the club.

It's not that simple. Every club has regular and casual support. Regular supporters will go to a majority of games, casual fans will pick and choose their games for reasons such as when they can get time off, when they can afford it or when they can get back up to Wales if they're exiled fans.

For big games, everyone makes the effort, rather than just a fraction.

Of course, there's going to be a few who haven't turned up since the last big cup game, but I suspect they're a minority.

Anyway, I suspect we'll see better attendances now we know that our money is being used by the club to survive rather than to better enable scum to asset strip us. The last few years we've been watching shite teams playing awful football whilst a chairman attempts to fleece anything of value off the club and flog it on to Britain's scummiest failed businessmen/transgender women.

Fact is, everyone was fed up. Even for those that went to games, it felt almost like it wasn't worth the fight. The people of Wrexham are now beginning to wake up a little. We got 5,800 for our last home game against Telford.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

1. Club gets big game.

Well if 18,000 people had turned up week in week out when we were at the bottom of the football league, maybe things would have been different for us too. You're right, its not unique, therefore it just seems like a very strange comment to make. Clearly trying (and succeeding) to provoke a reaction I'd say!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has it been decided which Brighton fans are going to be applauded around pitchside before the match or is it just going to be Turkey and chums again?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well if 18,000 people had turned up week in week out when we were at the bottom of the football league, maybe things would have been different for us too. You're right, its not unique, therefore it just seems like a very strange comment to make. Clearly trying (and succeeding) to provoke a reaction I'd say!

Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports