Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What a fiasco the build up to this game has been...
It's live on ITV4, oh no it isn't, it's on ESPN, oh no it isn't, it's on SC4, oh no it isn't, it's on ESPN Classic...
Now we've got the issue of it being called off it's frosty, oh no it isn't, it's mild and raining... I really hope this game is going to be worth it!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Remember last year's game at FC Utd of Manchester - the pitch was freezing up as you looked at it - about minus 5 and definitely not playable . . .but we played !

bas63

Jan 7, 2012
Very heavy frost tonight they have had the covers on but can,t say if it is enough to keep the frost out 10am inspection hope they give you guys an early decision.

Which of course we'd have known a week ago.
I meant because it would have meant a substantial windfall for Wrexham (at that time, ESPN were saying they could only cover the game on the Tuesday).

The game is on ESPN Classic :wozza:
I didn't realise they would command the same fee. I mean, what would be the point of ESPN paying to introduce competition to the live football on it's main channel?

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Going by the Wrexham fan's Twitter updates it looks like the temp dropped to a low of -2.8 at around 2am. Now -2.1 and creeping up by 0.1 every ten mins or so. I reckon we're end up with a second inspection later on.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
0 degrees now and predicted +4 for this evening, should be just about OK me thinks.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Significant band of warm rain moving eastwards, across Irish Sea now, will hit Wrexham at 11.34 according to my calcs....Game on

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It seems is definitely on ESPN Classics tonight?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 07.25.56.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 07.25.56.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I envy you folks currently basking in 0 degrees c....where I am ( Hants ) it is -4.5 and was -7 earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here