Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

• Yes, depending on price etc

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • No, no interest at all

Votes: 121 80.1%

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Voted no but if it was the only option, might consider it. However, guessing the price will be more than £14.95 so it would seem odd to pay more (plus refreshments) to watch a tv which I can do so from home.

I've been to all the beambacks and none were as expensive as £14.95. Which hammers home the point that the PL got the pricing disastrously wrong for PPV.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Does anyone have a stream to watch other people watching football on TV?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not for me - would be like a form of (mild) torture knowing the game was being played so closely and I couldn’t watch it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No but can’t help but think clubs are deliberately laying this on to further shine the light on the crazy situation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like 95% of sport I watch (granted that's not much in the grand scheme of things) looks like this:-

acc.jpg

Why isn't this even part of the discussion?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Set up tables in the concourses, plenty of space to keep fans apart. Table service from the kiosks and the sounds of fans cheering and singing for the team can only spur them on. :albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've been to all the beambacks and none were as expensive as £14.95. Which hammers home the point that the PL got the pricing disastrously wrong for PPV.

Economics will play a part though ('no shit sherlock' I hear you say). I don't know how many went to any of the beam backs but for argument sake say 5000 at £10 a pop is £50k. However, if they could only allow 1800 in due to social distancing then that income is now only £18k. So a lot depends on how much it will cost to open up the Amex for a relatively small number that can fit in the lounges?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If I could meet up with some of my football friends that I’ve not seen for months, yes.

Otherwise, no.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
How could anyone in their right mind possibly contemplate anything as dismal & desperate as this ??

Norwich.jpg

Even lunchtime in the dining area at Nevill County Secondary School circa 1974 contained more ambience that...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It feels like 95% of sport I watch (granted that's not much in the grand scheme of things) looks like this:-

View attachment 129749

Why isn't this even part of the discussion?

This. Fans will be at NFL and F1 today, at French Ligue 1 too. Yesterday a friend of mine went to Basingstoke’s homecoming game(they had a rather familiar ground issue) which was a 400 person sell out in the ground, not in a lounge.

Brighton have proved 2,500 in the ground works and we could scale it up to 5k simply by implementing the same seating plan on the west side and a one way system outside, which we do for Palace anyway. If you can show it indoors in lounges those people would arguably be safer outside in seats facing the action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
This. Fans will be at NFL and F1 today, at French Ligue 1 too. Yesterday a friend of mine went to Basingstoke’s homecoming game(they had a rather familiar ground issue) which was a 400 person sell out in the ground, not in a lounge.

Brighton have proved 2,500 in the ground works and we could scale it up to 5k simply by implementing the same seating plan on the west side and a one way system outside, which we do for Palace anyway. If you can show it indoors in lounges those people would arguably be safer outside in seats facing the action

Dont think it’s in the grounds that are the problem . In Brighton’s case most fans travel by train how is it going to work on there ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dont think it’s in the grounds that are the problem . In Brighton’s case most fans travel by train how is it going to work on there ?

Wear a face mask on the train and stagger the queue further back. With only 5000 encourage people to drive. It really worked very well for Chelsea. There were more people on the west coast trains going into town to shop than there were Brighton- Falmer.

Even if 5k was seen as too much of a risk the 2,500 is proven and repeatable and far preferable to people being “there but not there”.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Amex must be one of the worst located stadiums, For access, a definite no from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here