Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

• Yes, depending on price etc

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • No, no interest at all

Votes: 121 80.1%

• Total voters

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Wear a face mask on the train and stagger the queue further back. With only 5000 encourage people to drive. It really worked very well for Chelsea. There were more people on the west coast trains going into town to shop than there were Brighton- Falmer.

Even if 5k was seen as too much of a risk the 2,500 is proven and repeatable and far preferable to people being “there but not there”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me this is going to b the problem for Brighton there will have to b a limit due to train travel . What is a safe number of people per carriage with social distances, enough carriages . Long enough train , more frequent train etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dont think it’s in the grounds that are the problem . In Brighton’s case most fans travel by train how is it going to work on there ?

But that's assuming everything else stays the same.

The club might go back to Southern Water for temporary parking.

It could take over a car park on the cycle route (naturally I can think of at least 2 fans who'd be happy to cycle in, just not from the better half of Sussex).
Strict staggered entry times.

I'm sure the clubs would bend over backwards to accommodate fans.
As I'm sure only 8 posters on here would moan about Barber if they had to adhere to 'over the top' procedures.

Sitting in a room with strangers is just taking the piss.
When you can sit outside and watch the bloody game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For me this is going to b the problem for Brighton there will have to b a limit due to train travel . What is a safe number of people per carriage with social distances, enough carriages . Long enough train , more frequent train etc

We won’t be back to full crowds until everything is “back to normal’. Back in the summer the club appeared to have plans to get up to 7-8k in the stadium. That would have to come with a travel plan, which I’m sure they already have, then it becomes “at your own risk”.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This. Fans will be at NFL and F1 today, at French Ligue 1 too. Yesterday a friend of mine went to Basingstoke’s homecoming game(they had a rather familiar ground issue) which was a 400 person sell out in the ground, not in a lounge.

Brighton have proved 2,500 in the ground works and we could scale it up to 5k simply by implementing the same seating plan on the west side and a one way system outside, which we do for Palace anyway. If you can show it indoors in lounges those people would arguably be safer outside in seats facing the action

Dont think it’s in the grounds that are the problem . In Brighton’s case most fans travel by train how is it going to work on there ?

Wear a face mask on the train and stagger the queue further back. With only 5000 encourage people to drive. It really worked very well for Chelsea. There were more people on the west coast trains going into town to shop than there were Brighton- Falmer.

Even if 5k was seen as too much of a risk the 2,500 is proven and repeatable and far preferable to people being “there but not there”.

I don’t see why they can’t implement staggered entry (and exit) times to ease the travel pinch points. OK, so a portion of the fans have to commit to getting there early (say 1 o’clock for a 3pm KO), but I’d say people would be willing to do that just to be able to catch up with mates and see the game. A similar policy after (early arrivers have first dibs on leaving on 85 mins :) ) and it would ease the travel issue at both ends of the game.

It might meaning committing 3 or 4 hours to watch the game (excluding travel time), but I reckon enough people would do it to fill 5000 seats.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t see why they can’t implement staggered entry (and exit) times to ease the travel pinch points. OK, so a portion of the fans have to commit to getting there early (say 1 o’clock for a 3pm KO), but I’d say people would be willing to do that just to be able to catch up with mates and see the game. A similar policy after (early arrivers have first dibs on leaving on 85 mins :) ) and it would ease the travel issue at both ends of the game.

It might meaning committing 3 or 4 hours to watch the game (excluding travel time), but I reckon enough people would do it to fill 5000 seats.

We have around 23,000 season ticket holders. The logistics of shuffling the rotation of the attendance list, micromanaging refunds, stewarding the distancing etc would lose money and annoy the crap out of those who want to attend but can't because they missed out on the weekly seat lottery.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
We have around 23,000 season ticket holders. The logistics of shuffling the rotation of the attendance list, micromanaging refunds, stewarding the distancing etc would lose money and annoy the crap out of those who want to attend but can't because they missed out on the weekly seat lottery.

Not easy (well, a massive pain in the ass), but worth it for the club one would think - revenue as well as atmosphere.
Seeing as how desperate people are to get to a game (any game!), one would hope they’d put up with the limitations (asking a lot of some, I know)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Having been effectively in every weekend since March I'd do it to get away from Mrs GB :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's not even that though.

The premise is 'just' Sainsbury's Hove beefed up a bit.

The club has to invite us to attend?:-

email from club
- You have been selected for the Liverpool game, please confirm your ticket and preferred mode of transport plus alternate.

- 1 x Adult 1x Child.
Bridge CP
Mill Road.

- Thank you that's 2 people, 1 car, Mill Road, 13:50.
Print your tickets and travel permit.
YOU MUST BRING TO THE GAME OR ENTRY WILL BE REFUSED.
Your space has been reserved please endeavour to arrive at your designated time.

Sure getting out could be a bit of a lottery, but as the club now has control over exactly how many people are going in which direction that too should be much easier to control.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Personally no , but if it's allowed then each to their own , I do amazingly agree with post 4 , and that's a first :kiss:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm not sure which clubs proceeded with this today, but I know Millwall, Middlesbrough, Watford and Norwich were looking at having fans in hospitality areas for HOME games watching on TV whilst the action took place a short distance away out of view.

Norwich definitely did it for their home fixture today:

[tweet]1319990985636663297[/tweet]

If the Albion did this, would you have an interest in going?

Everyone seems to be missing the point of the point that NCFC and their fans were trying to prove, note the last 2 words in the tweet,that it is a nonsense. Fans travelling to the ground to watch TV while game goes on the other side of the wall.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This said it all
“Sitting in a room with strangers is just taking the piss.
When you can sit outside and watch the bloody game.”

Surely it’s a loophole in the rules that makes a more dangerous option possible

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This said it all
“Sitting in a room with strangers is just taking the piss.
When you can sit outside and watch the bloody game.”

Surely it’s a loophole in the rules that makes a more dangerous option possible

Indeed. Now watch Boris close the lounges and put an exclusion zone round football grounds to even it out.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yes. If a doorman let you in the ground saying' go on then I will let you in, just keep it a secret'

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everyone seems to be missing the point of the point that NCFC and their fans were trying to prove, note the last 2 words in the tweet,that it is a nonsense. Fans travelling to the ground to watch TV while game goes on the other side of the wall.

Of course it is nonsense. There are two solutions;
1) Let fans back into stadiums to support their team live.
2) Ban fans from watching on tvs in stadium lounges.

A lot of people on here seem to think that because fans are allowed in lounges then 1) is the only option. This is not the case and the much more likely outcome is 2) if people want consistency above all else. Personally I am not bothered as I am not driving for 3 hours to watch television. Bit of a shame though for those living locally who would have done this as a stop gap until 1) becomes the reality.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
“at your own risk"

This is simply an acceptable attitude in the midst of a pandemic. Everything you do that puts you at risk puts at risk your family, the staff in the shop you visit, the doctors and nurses who treat you at hospital, etc etc. Any/all of whom you could infect and potentially kill.

It is selfish to the point of murderous.

Until *everyone* starts to think about people other than themselves we won't be getting this virus under control and won't be having mass gatherings like football crowds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This is simply an acceptable attitude in the midst of a pandemic. Everything you do that puts you at risk puts at risk your family, the staff in the shop you visit, the doctors and nurses who treat you at hospital, etc etc. Any/all of whom you could infect and potentially kill.

It is selfish to the point of murderous.

Until *everyone* starts to think about people other than themselves we won't be getting this virus under control and won't be having mass gatherings like football crowds.

I'm sure reading the rest of your post you meant UNacceptable.

And no. No it isn't. The people I saw at the Chelsea friendly included [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I'm sure, if you read a fraction of the Covid sub forum you'll understand that neither of us are exactly going to be running round Trafalgar Sq without a mask any time soon. We were all there at our own risk.

So are the people at the F1 that's about to start, at the NFL games tonight. So are the people down south sitting in pubs right now, the old ladies going shopping in Tesco, anyone going to work by train, cabbies, bus drivers, cooks and waiters. It's all "at our own risk" right now. But you chose to quote that completely out of context and without understanding it in the slightest. Well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here