Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you want to go to Marseille away?

Would you want to go to Marseille away?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 208 69.6%
  • No chance.

Votes: 91 30.4%

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not for me thanks, atrocious place with several areas their police won't even go into
You wouldnt have time to visit the entire city anyway, so why go to places the local Police won’t? Can’t exactly be the museum quarter, or where the stadia is

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Marseille is a brilliant city to visit as a tourist. Love the place. Also just down the coast you've got the Calanques and town of Cassis. Stunning part of the world. I'd choose marseille and surrounding area over those you've mentioned for a weekend away personally.
This is more like it. Bunch of pussies on this thread, already spreading fear and frankly writing a load of old bollocks! Whatever happened to “These colours don’t run!” (except on a hot wash. Iron on cooler setting. Do not tumble dry). Can’t wait to put my UNION FLAG up in Centre Ville, avec une grande biere and sing Je Ne Regrette Rien…! It’s going to be electric. On y va!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is more like it. Bunch of pussies on this thread, already spreading fear and frankly writing a load of old bollocks! Whatever happened to “These colours don’t run!” (except on a hot wash. Iron on cooler setting. Do not tumble dry). Can’t wait to put my UNION FLAG up in Centre Ville, avec une grande biere and sing Je Ne Regrette Rien…! It’s going to be electric. On y va!
I'm with you but I did let out a little wee when I watched this

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As said before, when it comes to the home game we really need Southern not to drop the ball on this one as if we end up with another Luton scenario on the trains after the game things could get a bit tasty in the train queue

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Looks like this might go to purchase history the amount of people reversing out of this fixture.
I’m going in the home end anyway. Beret, Macintosh and neckacheif. My French is passable so I’ll blend in like a LOCAL!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just be careful and keep your wits about you - don’t put off going because of stories on this thread, which are worst case scenario one off incidents which prob won’t happen at our games. That’s my opinion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm with you but I did let out a little wee when I watched this

Nah. Opportunity for a new song that’s all.

“We had joy, we had fun, we had Athens on the run…But the joy didn’t last, cos Athens run too fast”

What Greek for “put it down, don’t be silly old chap” anyway?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just be careful and keep your wits about you - don’t put off going because of stories on this thread, which are worst case scenario one off incidents which prob won’t happen at our games. That’s my opinion.
As long as you're good at ducking actual bombs in Athens should be all sweet. 🙏😁

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
A bit like Wolverhampton for a night match in the 70s 😆

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A bit like Wolverhampton for a night match in the 70s 😆
Precisely. And nobody died then either. In our moment of euphoria there are so many naysayers spoiling things. We’re all going on a Euro tour. And we’re all coming back. Simples. It’s going to great fun. If you can afford and get a ticket that is.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It's great to see so many fans willing to follow the Albion all over Europe in their £70 Europa shirts. I do hope they are not the same posters moaning about the Government and the cost of living crisis on other threads. :whistle:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
My tweet last month, I knew.
1693585372609.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes…f*** em!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You wouldnt have time to visit the entire city anyway, so why go to places the local Police won’t? Can’t exactly be the museum quarter, or where the stadia is
Maybe naively but in some of these countries I think I'd be more worried about the police than the locals if I'm doing my best to mind my own business.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This is more like it. Bunch of pussies on this thread, already spreading fear and frankly writing a load of old bollocks! Whatever happened to “These colours don’t run!” (except on a hot wash. Iron on cooler setting. Do not tumble dry). Can’t wait to put my UNION FLAG up in Centre Ville, avec une grande biere and sing Je Ne Regrette Rien…! It’s going to be electric. On y va! the wet mattress brigade stay home, and
Laughable…………this may be the only opportunity for competive football BHA ever have and the shit the bed brigade are already soiling themselves before a date’s been set.

What a shower.

Anyone that thinks AEK will be toga wearing philosophy student types and Ajax clog wearing tulip sellers living in windmills are going to get a shock.

If you get through these three games without some kind of scrape you’ll be fortunate………….I know a couple of scousers from England days, they have stories from their European games that would make some on here have a small colon prolapse.

Yes they still go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here