Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you trust Amazon Prime

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hello, We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Arriving:
Thursday, December 24

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No. I ordered something on 17th November which stated delivery by 17th December. I'm still waiting.

I ordered something on the 14th of November and given delivery time between the 1st and 16th of December, when chasing them up over the no show got a full refund as they had no more in stock. First and last time I use Amazon.

Did you get your stuff?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Without wishing to sound smug ( and I really am sending some Amazon vouchers last minute because that's what some of my family want as their present ) why do people save their physical shopping to the last minute ? As far as I'm aware Christmas is on the same date every year !!! *** sh1t, I sound like a woman now ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I ordered something on the 14th of November and given delivery time between the 1st and 16th of December, when chasing them up over the no show got a full refund as they had no more in stock. First and last time I use Amazon.

Did you get your stuff?

No, as per the post, I'm still waiting. I will give it another week and then claim a refund.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, as per the post, I'm still waiting. I will give it another week and then claim a refund.

Seeing you are in a similar situation as I am I'll give you my thoughts. Premeium or not, giving a delivery date range that begins 2 weeks after ordered is taking the piss. Especially as it seems to becoming from Essex not Mars, a company called Rainford Online Trading.

Giving a final date 16th before Xmas is leaving it late as well especially when it said despatched 5 days after order. When I mailed them I said, deliver in 2 days or refund.

It was a Tottenham Hotspur bubble bath for my Brother in law who supports Arsenal, so he can bath in the essence of White hart lane. Ah well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seeing you are in a similar situation as I am I'll give you my thoughts. Premeium or not, giving a delivery date range that begins 2 weeks after ordered is taking the piss. Especially as it seems to becoming from Essex not Mars, a company called Rainford Online Trading.

Giving a final date 16th before Xmas is leaving it late as well especially when it said despatched 5 days after order. When I mailed them I said, deliver in 2 days or refund.

It was a Tottenham Hotspur bubble bath for my Brother in law who supports Arsenal, so he can bath in the essence of White hart lane. Ah well.

I haven't paid for Premium so not that bothered.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Without wishing to sound smug ( and I really am sending some Amazon vouchers last minute because that's what some of my family want as their present ) why do people save their physical shopping to the last minute ? As far as I'm aware Christmas is on the same date every year !!! *** sh1t, I sound like a woman now ***

This is generally a blokes forum (sorry ladies) and as such blokes leave it til the last minute. Don't you know anything? There is a fb link doing the rounds...

Sales of ‘any old shit’ expected to treble as men start Christmas shopping

Hope this helps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's homing in!

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 00.54.30.png

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

That's very poor. The trouble is that half the time you do not know if you are actually ordering from Amazon or someone selling via Amazon. Often with the latter, they do not have stock and have to order it in before they send it on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Parcel. Singular. All your Christmas shopping fits into one parcel? I hope for your sake that you've bought a load of (were) loose diamonds...

No - I also hit Churchill Square yesterday.

I'm worried now. I actually ordered 2 things via Prime yesterday. One I don't really care much about as I could pop out and easily buy the same thing elsewhere. The main thing I do need delivered as the closest I could find it in a physical store was Newport.

Guess which one is showing as out for delivery and which one has no update since arriving at Brighton...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No - I also hit Churchill Square yesterday.

I'm worried now. I actually ordered 2 things via Prime yesterday. One I don't really care much about as I could pop out and easily buy the same thing elsewhere. The main thing I do need delivered as the closest I could find it in a physical store was Newport.

Guess which one is showing as out for delivery and which one has no update since arriving at Brighton...

better make sure the car is filled up - Newport is a fair way. :wink:

You'll be fine. Probably.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Please keep me informed. I need to go out. Yes, really.

It was only the third guessed password that got me into your Amazon account (you dirty, dirty boy). I've re-routed your parcel to Newport. I figured if you're going to have to go there for the main present, you might as well pick up the smaller one at the same time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The suspense is worse than sitting in the office waiting for the boss to say we can go at lunchtime !

Anyway, why pay for Prime, last night at 8pm I ordered a DVD from Amazon and I've just got an email saying they have just put it through my door - £79 saved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here