Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a guaranteed point against Palace right now?

Would you take a guaranteed point against Palace right now?

• Yes, a point would do me just fine

Votes: 58 21.9%
  • No, shit or bust

Votes: 207 78.1%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have to ignore who this is, and look at getting 3 points from a relegation rival. Simple as that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't think some people understood the question.

I'm not suggesting we don't want to win (of course we do) or that we can't win (of course we can) but it's hypothetical.

It's asking if you would swap the fear of losing to them, and all it would mean, for a certain point now. It leaves them adrift, us nicely mid-table and we move on to other matters without having them repeatedly chirping up about how they beat us at the Amex. Again.

So what you're actually asking then is, would you rather the game didn't happen rather than take the fear of losing to them?

What's the point of having a rival if you don't want all the tension, fear of losing and excitement that goes with it?

If I still don't understand the question then I'm afraid you have me baffled.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The answer should be no. Why, because we are good enough to beat them.

If saturday's game proved anyhting, it proved that we are in this league on merit and have no need to be frightened of anyone.

Being nervous about this game is a perfectly natural state of affairs, it's our biggest rivalry and thought of losing to that lot utterly sickens me, but I'd like to think the team will be viewing it as just another opportunity to get three home points after three draws in a row.

I thought it was somewhat ironic that even though Palace found the character to grind out a win saturday it actually did not appear to be one of their better performances, they have played much better this season and lost.

I would not sacrifice the three points (and the possibility of 0) for a guaranteed point at all. This a great opportunity to cement our mid table position with added bonus of bragging rights into the bargain. This is what football is all about, if it were risk-free it would be no fun at all. Bring it on!

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
No, we need to win this, not only for pride and to make history but also to pull us away from a few of the teams at the bottom that look like they could begin collecting points

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Fence.

EDIT - Ok, I wasn't on the fence long, it's shit or bust. We have to remember the aim is to stay up, and for that we need 6 more wins. This game represents one our 6 best chances of a win. We'd also average about 1.4 points from this fixture, so settling for less isn't wise.

Absolutely spot on. If we were playing any other team rooted to the bottom we'd all be expecting three points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely spot on. If we were playing any other team rooted to the bottom we'd all be expecting three points.
Oh I'm not expecting 3 points, but we can't settle for 1, we have to hope for 3. We probably won't get them, we're 9/5 to win.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their away record currently reads:

P6 W0 D0 L6 F0 A13

so you just KNOW whats going to happen...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

It's been in the deep freeze for 4 years now.

It's time.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The answer is obviously chance it.

We've drawn 3 home games now. Everton where we would have taken a point beforehand, but based on the game itself we were robbed. Then Southampton and Stoke where we were hopeful of 3 points prior to each but draws were probably fair on balance.

We need to win a home game against a struggling team, the fact it's palace is irrelevant.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Absolutely not. Go for the jugular by playing the kind of controlled aggression football that has seen us to where we are, hopefully batter them in the process, and in thus doing leave their newly regained confidence in tatters, meaning they stay relegation fodder for the rest of the season. I want to see Zaha in tears. I want to see Hodgson with his head in his hands. I want to see the Nigels in the crowd looking stunned. Once more unto the breach dear friends!

(I'll calm down in a minute)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here