Who Partners Greer

• Lewis

Votes: 44 20.8%
  • Adam

Votes: 168 79.2%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
AEA - Dunk has generally played well in the last 2 friendlies, but also dropped some clangers... AEA is more reliable and we miss his aggression...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I really like both but would go for Dunk as I love watching him make like he's about to stride out of defence with his head up, a la Beckenbauer before stopping and calmly sidefooting it to Bridcutt who is standing about 3 feet away.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
El Abd all day long. Dunk has alot of promise but he is prone to making the odd sloppy mistake. El Abd is more consistant.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I really like both but would go for Dunk as I love watching him make like he's about to stride out of defence with his head up, a la Beckenbauer before stopping and calmly sidefooting it to Bridcutt who is standing about 3 feet away.

I think we'd all be happy with that. It's when under no pressure at all he softly plays a ball to the opposition striker's feet we're annoyed about

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think we'd all be happy with that. It's when under no pressure at all he softly plays a ball to the opposition striker's feet we're annoyed about

Indeed. I suppose I'm putting it down to him being cultured and willing to put up with a bit of it if it improves him overall as a player.

But like I said, I absolutely love AEA as well and am always happy to see his name on the team sheet.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
El-Bad by a mile, however I think Gus will rotate these two depending on the opponents and injury's.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Very close call, Dunk is a better footballer but El-Abd is stronger, smarter and puts more heart into it, I'd go for Dunk because of his age but I missed both of the amex friendlies

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It is currently one of our weaknesses. Hopefully Tommy Elphick will be back soon. I prefer Dunk, but he really needs to cut out the errors he makes in over-playing.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No brainer El Bad all day long, Dunk is still making too many unforced errors he will be a very good player in a couple of years though,all going well.

ElAbd is a midget in CH terms at only 5' 11", and pays for it when challenging for anything in the air. How stupid did he look against Carroll?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I did a thread/poll on this a few months back and I think 80% of people went for AEA

Im firmly in the Dunk camp, hes a better footballer, it would seem Gus agrees with me as this is the way he wants us to play.

I would be happy with either way, but Dunk gets my vote.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Hopefully Gus has just been giving Dunk a chance to prove he can handle it over the last couple of games. In my opinion he has shown he can't. Yet.

I'd start with El-Abd, he's a great defender, less wreckless, heads the ball better and has more accurate passing. Dunk's time during the season will come though.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Right now I would prefer El-Abd. Think as things are with Dunk, Adam would maybe more consistent

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
El-Abd, Dunk has looked suspect in the last 2 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here