Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would You Start Knockaert Tomorrow?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't.

palace goal aside he's done nothing this season.
Granted that doesn't distinguish him from anyone else in their half of the pitch, but the message of him starting tomorrow isn't worth the lack productivity we'll get on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't.

palace goal aside he's done nothing this season.
Granted that doesn't distinguish him from anyone else in their half of the pitch, but the message of him starting tomorrow isn't worth the lack productivity we'll get on the pitch.

Are you suggesting the other players will not bother putting in a shift if he starts?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Starting Knockaert means Solly can’t play in his best position, and he’s been our most consistent winger this season.

Wouldn’t grumble too much if Knockaert does start with March on the left, but for me we should go with March on the right and Jose on the left (purely because no one else can play there), even if he is about 25% fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you suggesting the other players will not bother putting in a shift if he starts?

No, suggesting a player of moderate talent will be elevated to a status far beyond his ability.

Plus the fact all we'll get from him is replays of his palace goal with one very, very critical difference. :down:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, suggesting a player of moderate talent will be elevated to a status far beyond his ability.

Plus the fact all we'll get from him is replays of his palace goal with one very, very critical difference. :down:

Passion with a desire to attack and the energy to defend is what we’ll get. If he plays with Bruno we may even be able to open Newcastle up too. Whether our forward/s arrive in the box to take advantage is another matter altogether.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Passion with a desire to attack and the energy to defend is what we’ll get. If he plays with Bruno we may even be able to open Newcastle up too. Whether our forward/s arrive in the box to take advantage is another matter altogether.

Passion and desire to attack or temperamental and a ball hog with next to no end product.

Sadly that's a tougher call than it really should be.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Passion and desire to attack or temperamental and a ball hog with next to no end product.

Sadly that's a tougher call than it really should be.

I seem to be arguing with everyone tonight, maybe I should log off and come back tomorrow :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to be arguing with everyone tonight, maybe I should log off and come back tomorrow :smile:
We're not arguing more of a contradiction. :lol:
Nah both stating our preference and reason why isn't exactly arguing, is it?

Anyway there'll be a whole new set of arguments tomorrow. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally, my answer to the question posed by the thread title in 'No, I wouldn't'. I'd let him sit on the bench as a possible impact sub. A minority opinion, I know; fair enough, it's just my opinion. :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Starting Knockaert means Solly can’t play in his best position, and he’s been our most consistent winger this season.

Wouldn’t grumble too much if Knockaert does start with March on the left, but for me we should go with March on the right and Jose on the left (purely because no one else can play there), even if he is about 25% fit.

Solly March? consistent? You may well be right, the trouble is that says nothing for the other three wide players in the first team squad! Our wingers really have been dismal all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here