Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sing the French National Anthem?

Would you sing the French National Anthem at Wembley?

• Yes

Votes: 101 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • I can't speak French, but I would chant along to the tune

Votes: 26 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The point being made is concerning the immaturity of having an issue about it. No one is commanding people to sing it.

Judging by your form on this forum I won't be losing any sleep over what you deem immature.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This kind of thing just illustrates to the terrorists we are not going on as normal. There is nothing normal about English singing the French anthem, iconic buildings being bathed in the Tricolor, the Eiffel Tower in darkness, people's FB pictures adorned with the Tricolor, etc.
All highly undignified.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't sing the U.S anthem at the NFL games, but thats cause I cant carry off all the R&B warbling that accompanies that anthem these days. It goes on forever if they get a one of those R&B superstars to sing it.

As for the French one, would depend on my mood at the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This kind of thing just illustrates to the terrorists we are not going on as normal. There is nothing normal about English singing the French anthem, iconic buildings being bathed in the Tricolor, the Eiffel Tower in darkness, people's FB pictures adorned with the Tricolor, etc.
All highly undignified.

Nowt wrong with showing a bit of solidarity IMO. The fact that the game is still going ahead surprises me, but it also pleases me because it demonstrates that we will just carry on with our Western lives, despite all the best efforts of these cowardly mentalist butchers who are still stuck in the 11th century. They've achieved nothing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course I would.

I don't give a shit what other people think

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All highly undignified.

Echos my sentiments entirely.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
All highly undignified.

Quite the contrary, standing shoulder to shoulder with a friend and ally is about as dignified as you can get.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course I would.

I don't give a shit what other people think
Why would you sing it if you don't care what other people think? Surely the whole point of singing it is so other people make an opinion on you doing so. People who don't care what others think will still sing it while watching it on tv on their own, but I doubt many will do that.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I understand my son has his three children ready by the TV with their song sheets ready. Not just to sing, but to be told and understand why they are singing.....that makes me happy.

And to those that don't want to .... pleased we don't share your views.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nowt wrong with showing a bit of solidarity IMO. The fact that the game is still going ahead surprises me, but it also pleases me because it demonstrates that we will just carry on with our Western lives, despite all the best efforts of these cowardly mentalist butchers who are still stuck in the 11th century. They've achieved nothing.

Nowt wrong with anyone choosing to show solidarity in any form they wish to. Just not for me for the reasons I've already stated.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolute class shown by the England fans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Absolute class shown by the England fans

I was listening on the radio and as usual you couldn't tell if the crowd was singing as it was drowned out by a choir as these things so often are. On this occasion it would have been far more powerful just to hear the crowd.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was listening on the radio and as usual you couldn't tell if the crowd was singing as it was drowned out by a choir as these things so often are. On this occasion it would have been far more powerful just to hear the crowd.

You could hear the choir, but also the crowd. The difference in volume for GSTQ to the French anthem was striking.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Judging by your form on this forum I won't be losing any sleep over what you deem immature.

I've had some very pleasant news today, so that's a peaceful night for the both of us. I'm most aware that much of my posts have halved the share price of Zopiclone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here