Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Would you rather?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
OK I didn't get the sort of articulate responses I was hoping for (the answer unfortunately, depressingly has to be A, if you think about it...)

Here's another

Would You Rather

A. Be Stabbed and Receive £3,000 - no guarantees as to the level of pain/injury, might be harmless, might be a hospital job.

B. Avoid the stabbing and pay £3,000 - take the financial hit to avoid a physical one.

Is that £3,000 on top of the £20k to £40k going rate of compensation for being stabbed? Or does this deal not include a compensation package?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OK I didn't get the sort of articulate responses I was hoping for (the answer unfortunately, depressingly has to be A, if you think about it...)

Woah... woah hang on... you said A and didn't expand on why, I couldn't even bring myself to think about it!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can someone hurry up and bring this thread to the point where we have a felching quandary on our hands so I don’t have to be the first. Thanks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would You Rather

A. This thread was moved to 'The Other Stuff' forum so it could carry on quietly but you could ignore it

B. This thread was deleted because nobody needs this sort of stuff on their mind when we have a great sporting weekend ahead of us.

Off to the land of gammon threads populated by people either I, or the whole of NSC (owing to a ban) have on ignore, please.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’m only answering out of respect for the OP

Q1 B, no shagging the goat, I’ll take the odd look of disgust from the occasional person.

Q2 B, I’d pay to avoid being stabbed.

Done. Don’t feel dirty at all.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], you post excellent stuff generally but this is plain disturbing. You've let yourself down.

I'm not responsible for the ****ish tag by the way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the answer is obviously B, you'd know you hadnt done and most people wouldnt know, care or believe it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please can you clarify the item I will be stabbed with and the number of times/area of the body? That, for me, is key here.

That the point. We don’t know. It’s just one stab. 98% chance it’s non fatal, about 25% chance it’s pretty serious, below that it’ll be ok with a hospital stay.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps I’ve misjudged this thread. I thought WYRs were pretty well known as a concept - it’s intentionally Black Mirror-ish, to put you between two difficult choices. Some people seem to be taking it far more seriously than was intended.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's very Redditish. I think the concept is great, my son loves this kind of thing. The responses here are indicative of NSC's older demographic and are in no way the fault of [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here