Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you opt out completely if you could?

Would you opt out of all reduced capacity/socially distanced fixtures if you could?

• Yes, I'd opt out

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • No, I wouldn't opt out

Votes: 107 51.9%

• Total voters

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Yes it should be the first question they ask us. They say the system needs to be simple. Well, it’ll certainly simplify it a lot if 10,000 ST Holders opt out. BTW, for me it’s got very little to do with COVID concerns, I just think it’s gonna be terrible all round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Didn't buy a season ticket in the Spring and now I wish I had - I knew I couldn't get to lots of games, but that would now not be a problem. Too late now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the results of this poll are representative of the fanbase as a whole, which seems fairly likely, then the club should really reconsider their stance and offer a full opt out

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not entirely sure I agree with this line...

"Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next)."

Think this is the only aspect I don't like about the system. You could be lucky and go to every game or you could be unlucky and not get one chance! Surely simple that if you lucky in first ballot then you are automatically excluded from the next. Club should establish if any people wish to opt out (for the whole season) and then work out from there. Initially there are about 9000 tickets up for grabs for 23k season ticket holders. If 5k sth opted out for the season, you could allocate tickets for alternate matches within the different categories, eg A, B or C.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wouldn't opt out personally, but I think the option should be there, for the whole season. (As pointed out earlier opting in and out is not really a logistical starter).

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Not sure - one side of me says opt out for selfish reasons - Games will be like league cup games but even more spread out with upper tiers in use - will be occasions devoid of atmosphere. - The other side of me is loyalty and support for the club - I normally catch train to all games, would feel uncomfortable if remotely packed

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Really doubt the club would offer an opt out. They know that around 50% of season ticket holders won’t want to go.

It seems like a good compromise to offer it, why wouldn’t they? Is it because they know the ‘rules’ are going to apply indefinitely?

Seems like they and government might be stringing us along.

If they gave a certain date for when they will allow capacity crowds in, it wouldn’t be so bad, but they haven’t and that seems a bit weird to me.

As I said on the other thread discussing this, if the rules carry on, less and less people will want to go to football over time. This is just the start and I wouldn’t want the government to think they can get away with it. So, for that reason, I’m out.

Oh, and I’m not having a bloody tracing up on my phone just to go to a football match. I’m sure there will be sheep that will happily go along with it though. Give them a inch and they’ll take a mile.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Voted - opt out. I should imagine that difficulties in the Stadium (seating etc) can be worked out to a degree.

It's getting to and from the games that worries me - unless a vaccine is found you should not be packing people onto buses,coaches and trains which is what will happen despite the best will and planning possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here