Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you opt out completely if you could?

Would you opt out of all reduced capacity/socially distanced fixtures if you could?

• Yes, I'd opt out

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • No, I wouldn't opt out

Votes: 107 51.9%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes

I am close to someone shielding.

Imagine living with someone shielding and accidentally giving them Covid because Barber wouldn't let you have a refund despite us (probably) blowing another 20m on a striker

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And that is exactly the reason anyone should be able to opt out fully whilst this is going on. Not just those who have a gov letter etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can’t see any reason to not allow the opt out - unless the club expect a high proportion and concerned about cash flow

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
still want to go , not sure I can keep quiet, I gave up the pub and other things to follow the Albion more--- whoops bad move -- oh bother

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes - but not because of the virus.

Not sure how much fun it is going to be sitting on my own, away from mates, possibly in a different stand, not being able to sing or shout (I'm a NS STH for a reason!). Having to wear a mask...why? We are in the open air; the spectators at the INDOOR snooker final didn't appear to be all masked-up.

I just don't think I would get anywhere close to the same enjoyment with all the rules and regulations; I can see nothing but Barber bans on the horizon.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think it should be an option. From my experience folk can have quite different, but genuine, levels of acceptance and comfort with Covid. People shouldn’t be penalised if they’re not happy going anytime soon.

Agree with this 100%

I don't plan to opt out, but fully accept they're are plenty who will want to, especially those who may not be classed as 'vulnerable' themselves but live with someone who is.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Think it should be an option from the club as there a lot of people that might not be vulnerable themselves but are in a bubble/household with those that are vulnerable. If the ballot system has the option of people being able to miss 6 ballots, with that being 2x matches in each price band, it will be able to handle people missing all the ballots.

I don't understand why they are complicating it with the price band thing. Surely you should just be able to opt out of six matches whatever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, my season ticket price is not a massive burden and I miss quite a few games anyway but my ticket is used by friends most games. I can see how it must be a real concern to those who are struggling to justify paying for a season ticket whilst not having the money to be able to do so though.

This whole scenario is a complete shitfest and there are so many variables that a solution to suit all is not logistically possible imo :shrug:

I love watching the Albion and I also love my seat at the Amex, I will not give up either willingly. Now if you’d asked me the same question in April last year I would have been chomping at the bit to get out of going again :wink:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I really can't understand why the club thinks its OK to force people into a ballot for tickets they do not want (on health grounds).

In contrast, the company I work for (which in the past has not been a shining light of employee relations) has stated that staff working from home only need to return to work when they personally feel it is safe.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if someone vulnerable opts out and then vaccine arrives and they have it. Wonder if the club will let them opt back in ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't see why they won't let people opt out of the whole lot before it starts, it makes no sense.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think allowing someone to opt out of the ballot for the entire season ahead of the season starting is a good idea, but can see why they wouldn't want people to opt in, then out and then in etc as that would be an administrative nightmare.

The issue is of course, that while it sounds simple to us, we aren't the ones having to program the IT to allow the club to do it. My impression from the zoom thing the other night was that this may be happening closer to the start of the season than many were expecting, considering they were wanting to test event it at the friendlies in a couple weeks. Given everything else the club are having to sort, it doesn't leave much time to sort it all out, and we all know with IT that even relatively simple "fixes" rarely are simple in the end

By allowing STH to opt out in advance, on the understanding that they couldn't opt back in , would allow others more chance to attend

As you say the administration for opting out and then back in would be too difficult but the administration to let people opt out completely now is surely very easy?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I voted no purely from my perspective. However, I think the club should canvas opinion to see who is at risk but not on the shielding list. At the moment I would suspect that less than 30% would opt out which means there is 16100 seeking roughly 9000 tickets. If that's the case then the club won't be losing out financially. Where there will be a potential loss is when the allowed capacity is increased. In the example above, say the capacity is increased above 70% with 30% still opting out. However, the differential could be made up by selling to members at normal match day prices.

If you do opt out then you should be deemed to have opted out for the whole season.

As for those that are just moaning that it isn't what they normally expect so aren't interested, all I say to them is give up your season ticket then. Nothing is what it used to be so it's about doing things that move us slowly back to normality.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Maybe yes, but the club have got to balance finances with fairness to the fans.

Of course, that's entirely reasonable. But all the time there are more fans wanting to go than seats available it makes no sense for the club to insist that everyone goes into the ballot

If less fans want to go than seats available then they should put all into ballot (except those on the vulnerable lists, and others with good reason)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As you say the administration for opting out and then back in would be too difficult but the administration to let people opt out completely now is surely very easy?

Once out, you should stay out for the whole season unless you can demonstrate a material change of circumstances rather than just a change of mind.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes - but not because of the virus.

Not sure how much fun it is going to be [...] not being able to sing or shout.
Did Barber say we can’t sing or shout?

I’d be hoping that 9K keen and motivated fans can make a better atmosphere in The Amex than the normal crowd does.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Once out, you should stay out for the whole season unless you can demonstrate a material change of circumstances rather than just a change of mind.

Hopefully a material change would be a vaccine or wonder cure has been developed and is available. Apart from a very few I'm sure this would mean 100% would like to attend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here