Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you like all four south coast teams to be in the Premier?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've previously thought that a South Coast Cup would be a good idea for a pre-season tournament, would actually make it something interesting to play for.

A chance for some fat little Pompey oik to attempt to make a name for himself by maiming one of our players? No thanks. I can barely watch the third round of the FA cup for much the same reason, these days :shrug:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Last week I was looking at the League One table and shuddering at the thought that we could be playing Pompey again next season - unlikely, but still a possibility. And as for Bournemouth, I have gradually developed an irrationally serious antipathy towards them....even in the post-Smug Eddie era. As for Southampton, I'm not so bothered - they generally play good football and seem to be able to develop some really decent players (eg: Lallana!). Keep things as they are: Us and Saints in the Premier, Bournemouth chugging along in the Championship, but just not good enough to get promoted, and Portsmouth getting ever more frustrated in League One.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve been to the other 3 areas and in my opinion next to Brighton , Bournemouth is 2nd nicest place probably to live . Wasn’t overly impressed with either Southampton or Portsmouth , seems to have a lot of Lego land type housing all bunched tightly together . Maybe that was just the areas I drove through I don’t know but Bournemouth seemed to have more character but still not as nice as Brighton and Hove .

Pompey is a northern city that got lost and ended up in the South.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pompey are pricks in the same way Leeds or Chelsea are, ground wrecking melts who think they're hard. Village idiots. .Southampton/Bournemouth are a bit meh for me. My dislikes are more around our playing history so I don't like Oxford/Southend/Chesterfield/Oldham (Don't ask)/Boro/Massive and the London clubs, so a select few :lolol:

Strangely I also dislike Norwich and Ipswich although I'd struggle to tell you why exactly....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rather go to Portsmouth and Bournemouth than some of the northern shithouses we get carted off to at the moment.

Yes, Burnley, that means you.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yes to us, and I don't give a stuff about any other south coast, south, west coast, northern, midland or anywhere else teams whatsoever.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
No.

I would like Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth to remain in existence whilst experiencing the most miserable run of results and league finishes possible until they all sink to league two and remain in the lower half of that division for eternity, drawing us in the cup occasionally where we hand them an absolute beating.

I feel like living in Fareham hasn’t helped your feelings towards Southampton and Portsmouth. :lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I live in Southampton and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them PLUMMET down the leagues.

The rabid entitlement of their fans when they were in League One with us was a sight to behold

"We are a Premier League club"

No you're not mate, you're in League One. You might get back there, but right here, right now, you are no better or worse than Dagenham & Redbridge or Hartlepool. **** off

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What about “Torquay, on a Tuesday night”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nope just us.

I don’t like any of them. Pompey because their fans are animals, as are Plymouth’s. Bournemouth’s are smug homophobic twats from my experience of games I’ve been to there, Saints haven’t even had us on their radar until recently and I’m still bitter about their lack of class at Withdean when we won the League One title. Feck ‘em all let Brighton carry the South Coast flag in the PL

Exeter I quite like but it’s not going to happen is it?

You may have noticed that I love a bit of pigeonholing :wink:

All of this, Bournemouth piss me off, they are kinda like Orient who thought they could create a rivalry that did not exist. Plus they would always seem to beat us, until we climbed out of the lower leagues, Bournemouth are just so tin pot, from the ground to lack of real fans right through to a dodgy owner.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I live in Southampton and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them PLUMMET down the leagues.

The rabid entitlement of their fans when they were in League One with us was a sight to behold

No you're not mate, you're in League One. You might get back there, but right here, right now, you are no better or worse than Dagenham & Redbridge or Hartlepool. **** off

Where is Nigel Adkins now l wonder? :tosser:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'd say they were vaguely likeable when they had Le Tissier, but only really because of Le Tissier.

Apart from that, a club without huge identity, who have never really stood out from the pack

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I quite like Pompey, apologies NSC. It might be because they annoy Stains.

But no to the question.

Another couple of fixtures with crowd trouble, people needing eyes in the back of their head for a day in Brighton and on coastal train journeys ... something good people can do without.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Watching Pompey fail to get out of League 1 has been a real highlight over the last few seasons. Long may it continue.

Bournemouth can do one too. Them and their tinpot badge are much better outside the Premier League.

I don't mind Southampton staying in the PL though. They've been there for a lot more seasons than us and there's only really been a rivalry for that one season in League 1, mainly because of that CJTC Adkins.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Nope just us.

I don’t like any of them. Pompey because their fans are animals, as are Plymouth’s. Bournemouth’s are smug homophobic twats from my experience of games I’ve been to there, Saints haven’t even had us on their radar until recently and I’m still bitter about their lack of class at Withdean when we won the League One title. Feck ‘em all let Brighton carry the South Coast flag in the PL

Exeter I quite like but it’s not going to happen is it?

You may have noticed that I love a bit of pigeonholing :wink:

Leave your pigeon out of this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of this, Bournemouth piss me off, they are kinda like Orient who thought they could create a rivalry that did not exist. Plus they would always seem to beat us, until we climbed out of the lower leagues, Bournemouth are just so tin pot, from the ground to lack of real fans right through to a dodgy owner.

When they thought they were world beaters with the Russian's dosh, some Bmuff wallies tried to mock us as Infrastructure FC. Jealous of us having a proper stadium, not a tiny lego rectangle.

Now we have our cake and eat it.

Who's laughing now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here