Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you give Forster another year?

Would you give Forster another year?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How do you know that an extension wasn't discussed? Do you have access to privileged information the rest of us don't?

As per Paulclark but also Poyet had stated they weren't going to discuss contracts until later (except of course for Mr El Abd). Why do you keep coming up with conjecture. Try discussing what is known for a change. We have even had people on here suggesting that El Abd was about to sign for someone else and that's why he got the contract. Well there hasn't been one sniff of rumour either inside or outside of the club to support that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tha article in The Argus suggests that NF has more in his sights than being a player so perhaps it was a power struggle with GP and there was only going to be 1 winner. Do I think that we may have seen the last of him in our shirt.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I sense an imminent thread-bounce !

At the time this all blew up I admit I thought Nicky was worth another year, but I didn't go mental at Gus, as at the end of the day he is the boss, and you can't have players throwing their toys out of the pram. It was a challenge to Gus's authority, and he was right not to accede to the demands of Nicky and his agent.

And he was clearly spot on on medical grounds as well.

Here you go. Seems most appropriate to start with.

I didn't want to bump them all, here's a selection...

nicky forster puts in transfer request - North Stand Chat
Not going on, but would of been good to still have forster!! - North Stand Chat
Nicky Forster - North Stand Chat
Nicky Forster - North Stand Chat
So That Nicky Forster Character.... - North Stand Chat
Talk sport / Forster - North Stand Chat
Dear Nicky Forster - North Stand Chat
Argus: Forster 'sad to leave' 'fans outstanding' - North Stand Chat
Forster off to Charlton - North Stand Chat
forster - North Stand Chat
Poyet's Insistence On Starting Forster On The Bench Is Costing Us Valuable Points - North Stand Chat
Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet - North Stand Chat

More:
North Stand Chat - Search Results

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker, you're a very organised, methodical chap, aren't you!

When I'm bored, I can be.

Just a disclaimer, I did this because I'm bored. The season is 6 games young, and who knows if Forster can overcome whatever alleged problem he has with his knees. If he gets them sorted/plays through the pain and has a decent season, let it be known I'm not trying to score points against him by bumping this. Merely aiding the discussion of the other thread.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Very close poll!
I personally think we should give him another season as he was a real force upfront for us and at the moment I'm not quite sure if Murray's quite the same.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very close poll!
I personally think we should give him another season as he was a real force upfront for us and at the moment I'm not quite sure if Murray's quite the same.

Er?? I think its a bit late now :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very close poll!

Have you see Murray play this season ? He's have a great season so far.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Carlisle was anything to go by, he's certainly working very hard.

On the other hand, he's missed a few chances. Walsall at home, for example.

I'm praying that the competition for places turns him into the player we're hoping he could be.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Yes, I have. I'm just saying Forster's end product is better and that Murray needs to take advantage of the chances he has. However this could change.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
and who knows if Forster can overcome whatever alleged problem he has with his knees

I don't think they will get sorted. Can't remember where I heard it now, but back in teh summer I was told that our medical staff had basically said his knees were done, and he wouldn't be able to get through a whole 90 mins this season.

At the start of the season I did pay quite close attention, and he was either starting and getting subbed around the 60 mins mark, or just coming on for the last 20 mins.

Looks like we were bang on.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
As mentioned on another thread it has been reported that his knees are on the way out. I had heard this too, the medical staff involved in the op were reported to mention that his knees were worse for wear. I am sure this is no coincident that the club didn't keep him on. As well as running to the press, which wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Nope... not interested on Brentford's 4th choice striker... a disruptive influence on the squad with a permanent sick note.
Thanks for the memories but it's time to look forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here