Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you give Forster another year?

Would you give Forster another year?

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If we get a younger better striker in then all well and good but so far we havent' been able to do that. It would have been better to have Forster on a years contract and scoring goals or, if we got a better striker in, sitting on the bench. At the moment, we have one quality striker in Murray and we live on a prayer that he doesn't get injured.

Which is probably what would have happened had it not been for his stupidity in going to SSN.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I most certainly would have done, but I'm affraid that is now in the past tense. The ship has well and truly sailed I think.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I have always thought we were really lucky to have had Forster over the last couple of seasons and thank him for his efforts as he has often shown effort way above that which we could reasonably have expected a 'veteran' to show. Plus he really does know where the back of the net is when getting chances.

But having said this i think there has been a clear enough intent shown by the board and Gus over the last couple of months to demonstrate to me that their ambitions result in Nicky not being anything like good enough for the future they are building. Sad but true, let's move on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Which is probably what would have happened had it not been for his stupidity in going to SSN.

You may be right but I doubt it. If it were the case then Poyet would have discussed an extension with him regardless of what position we finish.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You may be right but I doubt it. If it were the case then Poyet would have discussed an extension with him regardless of what position we finish.

How do you know that an extension wasn't discussed? Do you have access to privileged information the rest of us don't?

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
if we get premoted next season it will be all forgoten about if we dont it will because we wont have a natural goal poacher at the club wich nicky is:smile:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If he was willing to accept a contract for 1 year at a significant reduction in his pay than yes, however, if he was expecting a 2 year contract on anywhere over £2k a week at nearly 37 years of age than no way.

If he can earn a lot more elsewehere and have the comfort of a longer contract then I respect his decision to look elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here