Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you eat MORE fish if bones weren't an issue?

Do you eat much fish and are bones an issue?

• I do eat at least two portions of fish a week and bones don't bother me

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I eat two portions of fish a week but the bones do frustrate me

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I eat fish regularly though not twice a week and bones aren't a problem

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • I eat fish regularly though not twice a week however I might eat more were it not for the bones

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • I eat fish less regularly but it's not the bones preventing me from eating more

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I eat fish less regularly but would eat more were it not for the bones

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I don't like fish, bones or no bones

Votes: 14 12.8%

• Total voters

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Look across the North Sea and our Scandinavia Dutch and German neighbours can't get enough herring. I love it too, We are quite squeamish about fish considering we are an island with fantastic cold water fish.

I

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Remember fishing in Spain, deepish sea, but getting nothing all day, so literally dredged in the boat back to port and caught about 20 mackerel. Within an hour they were on the barbie. You can't buy flavour and moments like that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have Skate, well Wray really, about once a fortnight from Marinos and that being my favourite fried fissh the bones dont worry me. I do occasionally have cod fillet and very occassionally Bass so bones arent a problem. Do not like flat fish like Plaice Lemon Sole etc or Huss. Love all seafood especially Squid.Jellied Eels etc.

As an angler I will not eat any ray/skate whatsoever. It really is an ethical issue for me, and I don't really do a lot of ethics! I always return these beautiful creatures to the sea as I cannot justify eating on only 20-25% and throwing the rest in the bin, just wrong in my opinion. I am not judging as I probably have plenty of traits that others do not agree with, but I do believe that people should understand the wastage with these species.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I love fish and we eat it regularly - particularly smoked haddock and river cobbler. If price is a barrier then try river cobbler - smoked or unsmoked - nice and meaty and no bones. I love a kipper but then we come back to the bone issue ......

EDIT - oh mackerel, love it smoked and peppered.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bones are / are not an issue with some fish but to be honest I would buy / eat more if it wasn't so expensive.

Costwise, take out the less healthy farmed fish and it is not an everyday meal for a lot of people.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bones are / are not an issue with some fish but to be honest I would buy / eat more if it wasn't so expensive.

Costwise, take out the less healthy farmed fish and it is not an everyday meal for a lot of people.

Sounds a bit trampy, but always look at the out of dates that have like 30% off, I regularly do!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Love fish, got about 7 different types in freezer etc, eat it 3 or 4 times a week.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Iceland currently have 2Kg bags of Cod loins for just £8 they look really white and meaty.. I just have to look up ways to cook them

Presumably the Iceland fish is frozen, which, in my opinion takes away a lot of the taste and texture.

I simply season the cod loins with salt and pepper, spray oil into a large frying pan and cook for two minutes a side. Serve with sweet potato fries (again sprayed with oil and cooked in the oven)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Answer.... I eat fish anyway because I am not a 6 year old who needs help with his knives and forks.

I love fish and we eat it regularly - particularly smoked haddock and river cobbler. If price is a barrier then try river cobbler - smoked or unsmoked - nice and meaty and no bones. I love a kipper but then we come back to the bone issue ......

EDIT - oh mackerel, love it smoked and peppered.

I found river cobbler to be almost tasteless, cheap but not worth the money.

That said, I really don't like any fresh water fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here