Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with Mark McGhee as interim manager ?

Would you be happy with Mark McGhee as interim manager ?

• Yes

Votes: 66 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Someone else - state

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All he can do for us is manage the bars

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ideally we'd all like the next permanent manager to come in under the "Interim" title, but if it truly is an interim manager then I would be very happy with McGhee

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because he is not actually getting the job, there is still a legal process to be finished, if Gus won his appeal would he have to be named manager again until a compensation agreement was written up? What if Gus's legal team tried to bring him into the case we would all know he was only interim in name only.

Gus is gone, brother. he was dismissed and the material implications of that are not going to change on appeal. the legal process is formality from here on as far as employment is concerned. a new manager has no bearing on the reasons for his dismissal, you are thinking of is a situation where the replacement is brought in before the end of the disiplinary process.

and we've seen managers negotiate deals in less than 60 hours before.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Gus is gone, brother. he was dismissed and the material implications of that are not going to change on appeal. the legal process is formality from here on as far as employment is concerned. a new manager has no bearing on the reasons for his dismissal, you are thinking of is a situation where the replacement is brought in before the end of the disiplinary process.

and we've seen managers negotiate deals in less than 60 hours before.

So why is he going to appeal?
You really think a world class managers legal representatives would agree to him signing a contract to be a manager of a club where the previous manager is still appealing his dismissal? You don't think they would be a little concerned about that?

Added: Gus is not coming back but legally he has not completely gone,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So why is he going to appeal?

for the money or "to clear his name". maybe he has some pretense that he'll manage us, but he said himself we'd hit a ceiling, so thats not really a starter. i've no doubt an incoming manager would be concerned, but its of little matter to them really, its between the club and Gus. this type of thing happens with normal companies with senoir and managment positions, its not unusual.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I haven't gone thru the whole thread so not sure if it's been said already, but would think that as MM has worked before with Liam Bridcutt in his role as Scottish assistant manager would be helpful as would the fact that Gordon Grrer and CMS would want to impress him would be of help. It's only going to be 3 weeks after all.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I was told Wilkins maybe heading to reading, but would love him to back to his home.

Yes Mouldy, that's right.
Now take your tablets and lets get you back in the padded cell.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No. Uninspiring in the extreme. We want flair.

It's not going to be him anyway so irrelevant (which is a relief as the majority seem to be for!)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
No. As much as I like Mark McGhee, we need the interim manager to be the man who will get the permanent job.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally I'd be quite happy to see MM back as interim manager, but I don't think he's in the frame, somehow. And while we're looking at ex-managers, what about Steve Coppel? He did a good job here, but left because he could see no way ahead while we were at Withdean (probably a fair point!) - but we're a different proposition now.
Or maybe it should be Tanno - after all, what will happen if Gus wins his appeal - and insists on his right to see out his contract now that he regrets his hasty words after the play-off semi? OK, lot of 'if's there, but it is a possibility.......

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Good, another seat for someone else to snap up.

Fair weather fans slowly disappearing :)

The fair weather fans didn't suffer macgee though did they? I would also cancel both my season tickets even if he only has the job for one day. Be happy to pay the £ 100 administration fee rather than watch his managerial blunders. Have always backed Bloom and have faith in him not bringing him back.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Without doubt my least favourite Brighton manager since 1979. The people who back him are usually those that have met him. Yes he might be a very nice bloke but please god keep him away from the amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here