Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with Mark McGhee as interim manager ?

Would you be happy with Mark McGhee as interim manager ?

• Yes

Votes: 66 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Someone else - state

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Indeed. But as I said: blame the Argus. They just wanted to get another angle on the story to keep the interest going if we all get tired of discussing the semantics of 'pending/impending'. Surprised they didn't get a quote off Deam Wilkins as well , now that WOULD have been interesting!

Naylor is mates with McGhee, not so much with Wendy. But yes, Argus to blame.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
MM would only be a temporary appointment , the permanent manager takes over after the appeal process is done and dusted.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
No, I'm sure we'll do better than that. I would like to hope that the interim manager would inevitably become the permanent manager in a short while.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Someone else = OGJ, providing hiring him as Interim Mgr doesn't compromise Gus' appeal hearing / final dismissal in any way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree but if I was OGJ, even if I want to manage Brighton in the long run I would not be willing to become interim manager with this appeal hanging over the situation. I would prefer to wait until it's all over and then take over.

why? new manager would shirley prefer the whole summer to work with their new squad, identify weaknesses and bring in new targets. why wait 4 weeks?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, I'm sure we'll do better than that. I would like to hope that the interim manager would inevitably become the permanent manager in a short while.

The club cannot do that , it could be seen as a "fait accompli".

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Always thought he did a good job kept us in the Chamionship with limited resorces and seemed to me to be manager who was loyal and had the best interests of the club at heart, it was his time came to an end appeared to have just run out of fresh idears and as such lost the dressing room, but I for one would be more than happy to see him fill the interim post.
Long term I think it's between TS and OG with OG as my choice but that's the thing it's not my our your choice but TBs so let's hope he makes the right one

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
why? new manager would shirley prefer the whole summer to work with their new squad, identify weaknesses and bring in new targets. why wait 4 weeks?

Because he is not actually getting the job, there is still a legal process to be finished, if Gus won his appeal would he have to be named manager again until a compensation agreement was written up? What if Gus's legal team tried to bring him into the case we would all know he was only interim in name only.
Also if a permanent manager (interim in name only) is to be appointed, on what one assumes would be a multi year deal, by Thursday morning they have not got very long to negotiate it, just over 60 hours.
Any legal representative of OGJ or any other world class manager would not touch it with a bargepole.

Jimmy Grimble

This is blatantly what will happen as I've been saying since the statement was released 24hrs.
It amazes me that so many on here fail to grasp this.

All the dinlos are out in force at the moment.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Calde would be my choice.... clearly respected by the spanish boys which had a big impact on our successes last season.

although nothing to stop Tanno taking the reigns for pre-season is there?... or have I missed something?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Calde would be my choice.... clearly respected by the spanish boys which had a big impact on our successes last season.

although nothing to stop Tanno taking the reigns for pre-season is there?... or have I missed something?

Will Tanno come back ? He should have been there today. Anyone know ? I would be suprised if he was.

D

Deleted member 2719

The thing that puts me off McGhee is how poor his Aberdeen side were that he brought to Withdean in that pre season friendly. Truly awful.

What really put me off Mark McGhee is he one of the poorest managers the Albion has ever seen.

Surely Bloom wouldn't let him destroy our flair players.

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed. But as I said: blame the Argus. They just wanted to get another angle on the story to keep the interest going if we all get tired of discussing the semantics of 'pending/impending'. Surprised they didn't get a quote off Deam Wilkins as well , now that WOULD have been interesting!

I was told Wilkins maybe heading to reading, but would love him to back to his home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here