Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with 7th, now?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Most definitely. I'd be delighted with 7th. Higher and I'd be made for the season.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
If we finished 7th, I would be gutted. It is completely in our hands, and lets be honest, we have an easy run in compare to most teams. Yes we would finish higher then last year, but Gus knows this is the season to get in.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, not now I wouldn't. To be honest, I'd rather finish 9th than 7th, as I would hate to finish within touching distance of the play offs. Everyone (me included) would be bemoaning the points dropped here there and everywhere....as well as lame shots not being saved......

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There are 21 more points to play for. So still a long way to go. I like to take each game as it comes and not make wild predictions based on where we are today or where we were a month ago. The play offs look likely today, this time next week we could be in 7th or 4th. Bolton or Middlesborough could be back in the mix. Derby look in form. Any team down to 10th are in with a chance. I think Birmingham have to much to do.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe the unambitious here. 7th would be under-achieving. Top 6 on target. Auto exceeding expectations. Happy with on target.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
At the beginning of the season I wanted 7th. But whilst the top teams are doing their best to force us into the playoffs, I'd be gutted to drop out of the top 6 now. Hopefully the players can see the Gods are doing their bit to help us and can capitalise on at least maximum points for the next 2 games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are 21 more points to play for. So still a long way to go. I like to take each game as it comes and not make wild predictions based on where we are today or where we were a month ago. The play offs look likely today, this time next week we could be in 7th or 4th. Bolton or Middlesborough could be back in the mix. Derby look in form. Any team down to 10th are in with a chance. I think Birmingham have to much to do.

Absolutely. This time last year we had two more points and were in 4th place. We didn't win another game and ended up 10th. I don't think we will fade like that again but let's take one game at a time and not get too ahead of ourselves.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
would have taken 7th at the beginning of the season, now would be absoluety gutted if we finished there now

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's down to the lads now, no one else. The next two games are as big as any games in recent times. Time to push on and take advantage.
Possibly the biggest games in 34 years.
Human nature to expect top six now, so yes I'd be somewhat disappointed if we didn't do it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I admit to thinking that we may have blown it a few weeks ago, now I'll be pretty pissed if we don't make the playoffs. Keeping Ulloa fit is the key, otherwise it's gonna be tough to stay in contention.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think most supporters would argue that we have performed below what we should have this season in terms of results. We've done okay but had been kind of cruising along, winning one then drawing a few and the odd loss.
Then I since the hull game I think, we have started to pick up more points, beat some good teams and show play-off potential.

This could explain peoples change in opinion regarding 7th. Would have been acceptable earlier in the season as we hadn't really done much. However, now we've been given some good results our expectations, quite rightly in my opinion, will have changed accordingly.

Keep it one game at a time, any points against Charlton increases the gap to Leicester. Then draw or win against Leicester and we maintain the gap or improve it.
Look after our own results and others will struggle.

I think we can't predict anything still and a couple of dud games and were out the playoffs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
7th would be fine this league is good, if we went up I would be shocked if we stayed up!
You seem to think getting out of this league is easily than staying in the next.

I see it completely opposite.

Sure a promoted team is likely to go straight back down, but that horrible 4th from bottom cliche is peppered with the same teams, year in year out, and I'd have every confidence in us having the beating of at least 8 teams.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only if Palace finish 8th or lower :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here