Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Would you be happy if TB sold the club if it guaranteed survival? Or do you prefer a scrap

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Well thinking about what i have seen on here over the past few months. Alot of people on here seem to think that clubs that have been sold to say Saudi's or Russians have lost their soul and identity.

Though sure it would be weird to have a massive injection of cash to be able to afford those luxury players to guarantee survival and perhaps give the big boys a run for their money. But would the club lose it's soul and identity?

Would you be happy to accept marque players and "sell" out or are you happy to battle it out in the potential relegation dogfight we might see ourselves in?

Your thoughts on the matter?

Go and support Barnsley. It should make you happy.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have to say the hysterical reaction from some posters exemplify the worst side of NSC. The OP posted a hypothetical question, for the vast majority of us (including the OP it seems) the answer is very simple. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. It could very well be that one (terrible) day it happens, so nothing wrong with at least posing the question.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to say the hysterical reaction from some posters exemplify the worst side of NSC. The OP posted a hypothetical question, for the vast majority of us (including the OP it seems) the answer is very simple. If you don't like the question, don't answer it. It could very well be that one (terrible) day it happens, so nothing wrong with at least posing the question.

Were any of the posts hysterical, or toxic for that matter? Post a question, accept you might get a few different answers. If being called a bedwetter is hysterical, then blimey, this site is going softer than an Andrex puppy...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Were any of the posts hysterical, or toxic for that matter? Post a question, accept you might get a few different answers. If being called a bedwetter is hysterical, then blimey, this site is going softer than an Andrex puppy...
I'd say
"Because its quite a ridiculous, unecessary question",
"Late contender for stupidest thread of the year"
"get lost"
"Go and support Barnsley. It should make you happy"
"dont belittle Mr Bloom with such a ridiculous thread"
"Step back now while your dignity is still intact." are all pretty unpleasant. I'm sure nothing that anyone is going to cry over but totally over the top given the question.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This was the poster that started a thread on AK being a liability...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The OP talks as if big foreign money and marque signings mean you avoid a relegation dogfight, but you only have to look up the road to see that even with Benteke, Cabaye and Zaha Palace are still very much at risk from the drop.

I happen to think we're only a couple of signings away from safety, there is still so much right with the squad and the club generally.

Indeed, the only way we'll be able to remain competitive in this division is to run ourselves better than our rivals, and I can't think of two better people to do that than Bloom and Barber.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'd say
"get lost"
"Step back now while your dignity is still intact." are all pretty unpleasant. I'm sure nothing that anyone is going to cry over but totally over the top given the question.

I thought it was all very warranted really and fairly kind for such a stupid thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd say
"get lost"
To be honest, that looks more ike friendly advice to me - good advice too.

Feeling slightly less sympathetic now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

These sort of threads are usually similar. Pose a controversial question, but don't give their own opinion or a reason why the question was asked in the first place. The OP then starts asking what's wrong with it, without actually debating the question or answers themselves.

Then get all huffy, when people call them out on it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yep, I thought it was a fair hypothetical and no different to some more regular posters testing the water with Hughton polls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here