Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Would you be happy if TB sold the club if it guaranteed survival? Or do you prefer a scrap

Follow That Seagull

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere in Sussex
I think i'm just going to logout really. I can't even have a conversation without being called a troll, bedwetter, stupidest thread of the year or fishing. Seriously guys iv'e actually done nothing wrong and certainly done nothing to merit the crap i'm getting on here. Talk about toxic community. I'll leave you to it.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I think i'm just going to logout really. I can't even have a conversation without being called a troll, bedwetter, stupidest thread of the year or fishing. Seriously guys iv'e actually done nothing wrong and certainly done nothing to merit the crap i'm getting on here. Talk about toxic community. I'll leave you to it.

Bye :bigwave:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

With respect, you've put up a thread about 'what If' TB sold out to an overseas investor.
It's a touchy subject at best, up there with CH out, new striker, early leavers etc......
We are all going through a touchy time at the moment, concentrate on a Watford win tomorrow and just take the crap thrown at you.
Next days fish and chip paper and all that......

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Do you put the stuffing IN the chicken or cook it separately?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Entirely a matter for TB.

However not all sales lead to the land of milk and honey, and I am happy with the status quo and whatever happens, happens.

Agreed, be careful what you wish for. You might find yourselves with a Chairman who doesn't like stripes and doesn't appear to have the faintest clue about running a footy club!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As long as TB willingly sells it to another very successful Born & Bred Albion fan with at least 2 generations of provenance and sufficient funds, then I don't see a problem :)

SAC

May 21, 2014
Well thinking about what i have seen on here over the past few months. Alot of people on here seem to think that clubs that have been sold to say Saudi's or Russians have lost their soul and identity.

Though sure it would be weird to have a massive injection of cash to be able to afford those luxury players to guarantee survival and perhaps give the big boys a run for their money. But would the club lose it's soul and identity?

Would you be happy to accept marque players and "sell" out or are you happy to battle it out in the potential relegation dogfight we might see ourselves in?

Your thoughts on the matter?

Not sure why all of the abuse being aimed at you. It's a hypothetical question, quite like many on here, not a dig at TB or anyone else.

I don't care about the nationality of the owner it's about how the club is run. I have mates who stopped following Chelsea, not because their owner isn't British but because they were priced out of following the club that they watched for 30-40 years in favour of new fans who don't make a sound but are willing to pay double for their season tickets. Not picking on Chelsea, it's just an example.

I care more about being able to afford to see games than winning them or which division the games are played in.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well, I think it is a fair question.
We all wish to continue as things are with Tony at the helm and long may it last. However, Shite happens in life (we're all a couple of no pay cheques to being on the street).

In that instance I would really hate that we had to sell to a foreign investor to survive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well thinking about what i have seen on here over the past few months. Alot of people on here seem to think that clubs that have been sold to say Saudi's or Russians have lost their soul and identity.

Though sure it would be weird to have a massive injection of cash to be able to afford those luxury players to guarantee survival and perhaps give the big boys a run for their money. But would the club lose it's soul and identity?

Would you be happy to accept marque players and "sell" out or are you happy to battle it out in the potential relegation dogfight we might see ourselves in?

Your thoughts on the matter?

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous question. Firstly these so called 'marquee signings' you refer to, are no guarantee of success, and secondly, if Tony Bloom wanted to sign them, then he could, the money is undoubtably there, simply that the club, fortunately in my opinion, decide to take a different route to securing our Premier League status.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

And a late contender for flounce of the year as well. Top work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here