Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be disappointed with 9th place this season?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
No bit I'd love us to go all the way in one of the cups and get back into Europe that way

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would you be disappointed with 9th place this season?
Assuming we've not won a cup (which is a fairly safe assumption), I'd be a bit disappointed to miss out on Europe next year, but I'd still think 9th is decent.

Il get the ball rolling with I'd snap your hand off for 9th place
Now that I wouldn't do. Why deliberately choose to miss out on Europe? We're not getting relegated, so why not dream of Europe?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes I’d be slightly disappointed, especially if we get knocked out of both cups in the next round. Hopefully we’ll get at least 8th, qualify for Europe and possibly latter stages of a cup.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Yes I’d be slightly disappointed, especially if we get knocked out of both cups in the next round. Hopefully we’ll get at least 8th, qualify for Europe and possibly latter stages of a cup.
This. It is all about context. If we go far in either/both cups then 9th would be ok.
If we win either cup, 16th place is fine by me.
If we go out next round in both cups, hopefully we would need to get top 7 imo to make up for it.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
We can finish above West Ham, Chelsea and Wolves. Would like to be within 3 points of Man U on the final day at the Amex.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yes I'd take 9th - I think we will finish above West Ham but maybe below Chelsea so 9th is good.

I really want us to push on in our remaining 2 cup competitions and finally make a Final (again).

Nicks

Happy with wherever we finish to be honest.
To be where we are with our injuries etc is a great credit to everyone at the club.
I've seen my team play in Europe for the very first time in their history and witnessed great games in Marseille, Amsterdam and Athens so far ,and we have at least one more European trip to experience.
I was also lucky enough to afford to go to the USA for the pre season games so I've been seriously spoilt.
I just feel sorry for the fans who missed out this year on our adventure and want European football next year but sadly may not get their wish .

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I'd bite your hand off for 9th currently - our last 5 home fixtures are against 5 of the current top 6. After today's late result there's a little bit of daylight between the top 6 and 7th.

Maybe we over performed last season and were lucky that Chelsea went complete tonto basket case - they seem to be improving which isn't helpful. I don't think we can underestimate our strong start winning 5 of the first 6 being a blessing as our form since then has definitely not been top 6. Granted we threw away points on a number of occasions, so although we are still in the mix, we could have been deeper in the mix, despite all our injuries.

The future, however, is most definitely bright!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If we actually win something I'd take 20th.
You’d surely wouldn’t sell our soul for one piece of silver?

There’s no way I wouldn’t want even one season in the Championship League again, even if it did mean winning the FA Cup - the loss of revenue for us means it would be a Pyrrhic victory - we’d have to sell players to stay afloat so probably wouldn’t even get through the group stages of the Europa Cup. 😕

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On the whole it's been a disappointing and frustrating seasons in the league. I am still hoping for a turn around and strong finish but while we continue to lose players to injury this is looking less likely.

Hopefully we scrape a European spot next year and/or win one of the cup competitions then go again next season and have better luck with injuries and recruitment.

What a time to be a Brighton fan. Brilliant!!

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Any reduction from a previous season is a disappointment always. In the grand scheme of things though... probably not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve a bottom 6 budget on fees and a bottom 5 budget on wages. TB and RDZ both work miracles to improve on that in terms of points and results, but the PL is a money league.

Last season all our stars aligned, in fact we should’ve finished higher but for net VAR/ref errors against us.

Many fans I reckon realised it was going to be an incredible ask to match that without our world class centre midfield. We play a balanced financial game unlike 15 other clubs, that integrity soon came back to bite us with injuries to our only quality LB and RB at the time.

Mid table is still a good achievement on the aforementioned budgets.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
You don’t even have to go back to 97 - it’s only a couple of seasons ago I would’ve taken 17th in The Premier League but when I think of the games that I expected us to win this season that we didn’t …and I felt we should’ve won after the result… then I did feel we’d be a little higher than 9th/10th.

It’s a hard question

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here