Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be any less miserable in palace's position?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He took one look at the grey slums of the SE postcode area, thought he was in depression-era south Baltimore, albeit with significantly shitter weather, moved onto crumbling 19th Century Shithurst Park, the doubts growing in his mind all the time and was then introduced to Wilfried 'Thicky' Zaha, touted as the best player at the club and he was back on his private Boeing 767 before you can say 'Steve Parish is an etogistical tw@t, who is impossible to work with.'

That old Beautiful Brighton/ Shitty Croydon chestnut.
It's lovely having a slow walk around the Laines, with all the poncey boutiques and coffee shops, but scratch at the thin vaneer, and you see the true picture.
Scores of homeless people, huddled in doorways, trying to get enough for their next fix.
It's similar to lots of Brighton fans, after the first euphoric rush of the Amex,and hallucinations of the PL, cold turkey has hit, and you're being led shivering to the abyss of the third division.
Enjoy TB's stadium and state of the art training complex !:thumbsup:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That old Beautiful Brighton/ Shitty Croydon chestnut.
It's lovely having a slow walk around the Laines, with all the poncey boutiques and coffee shops, but scratch at the thin vaneer, and you see the true picture.
Scores of homeless people, huddled in doorways, trying to get enough for their next fix.
It's similar to lots of Brighton fans, after the first euphoric rush of the Amex,and hallucinations of the PL, cold turkey has hit, and you're being led shivering to the abyss of the third division.
Enjoy TB's stadium and state of the art training complex !:thumbsup:

Even with your blue and red tinted spectacles on, you would be hard pressed to deny that any of the above are preferable to having Parish at your football club and having wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on white cladding. What is that white cladding going to look like in a year or two's time?
:thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Even with your blue and red tinted spectacles on, you would be hard pressed to deny that any of the above are preferable to having Parish at your football club and having wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on white cladding. What is that white cladding going to look like in a year or two's time?
:thumbsup:

Probably better than blue cladding covered in seagull shit :thumbsup::thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
New stadium would be nice, but we're getting more bums on seats than you are at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Also, we've made an awful lot more than £60m. Our second season in the PL will earn us another £60m+, plus we're due parachute payments if we get relegated and don't bounce back. We're a lot more attractive as a takeover proposition now, which would help take the club to the next level.

I am sure that your income is more than £60+ but what about expenses? How much have you spent on wages and transfers? Pretty sure the parachute payments will keep the club going while they either bounce back up or, if not, get rid of the expensive players. In reality there are quite a few ex prem clubs in the Championship who have not bounced back and are in serious financial difficulties now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am sure that your income is more than £60+ but what about expenses? How much have you spent on wages and transfers? Pretty sure the parachute payments will keep the club going while they either bounce back up or, if not, get rid of the expensive players. In reality there are quite a few ex prem clubs in the Championship who have not bounced back and are in serious financial difficulties now.

Correct, although I would not like to see The Caravan Club in financial difficulty and unable to service debts. That would never happen.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Forget the rivalries for a second, the 60 million isn't going to buy them a new stadium. That's what they need. The facilities there are shocking although admittedly I find the Amex somewhat soulless when the sexy football is removed.

That's the point. Albion are suffering from the "St Mary's effect". I never went to The Dell as a supporter but told it was pretty gruesome. Soton spent a lot of money on a modern stadium but after they moved to it they actually were relegated four seasons later. Commentators at the time said St Mary's lacked the "atmos" of The Dell.

In Brighton's case there is the feeling of "the promised land" at the AMEX after the horrors of Gillingham and "Fortress" Withdean, but you now have a stadium with 30k places to fill. If it starts getting only 20k crowds it's going to look a bit empty. And that's a bad way to create that "Fortress" mentality, particularly with the attempt to make it a mini-Wembley with facilities.

Opposing teams just don't feel intimidated. They must have dreaded playing at Withdean. Selhurst isn't Withdean but it's an old-fashioned type of ground even if all-seater.

And look at Bournemouth and Brentford. Both I believe have standing and both grounds can really rock when packed out, that's a home bonus (usually).

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
That's the point. Albion are suffering from the "St Mary's effect". I never went to The Dell as a supporter but told it was pretty gruesome. Soton spent a lot of money on a modern stadium but after they moved to it they actually were relegated four seasons later. Commentators at the time said St Mary's lacked the "atmos" of The Dell.

In Brighton's case there is the feeling of "the promised land" at the AMEX after the horrors of Gillingham and "Fortress" Withdean, but you now have a stadium with 30k places to fill. If it starts getting only 20k crowds it's going to look a bit empty. And that's a bad way to create that "Fortress" mentality, particularly with the attempt to make it a mini-Wembley with facilities.

Opposing teams just don't feel intimidated. They must have dreaded playing at Withdean. Selhurst isn't Withdean but it's an old-fashioned type of ground even if all-seater.

And look at Bournemouth and Brentford. Both I believe have standing and both grounds can really rock when packed out, that's a home bonus (usually).
And of course Southampton never recovered from it.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Correct, although I would not like to see The Caravan Club in financial difficulty and unable to service debts. That would never happen.

well not for a few years given the extra >200m windfall. As you say I'm sure we'll pee that up the wall quickly !

We can't all be so lucky to rack up 160m of debts (plus >10m pa) and have them written off !! Well, when I say written off. 60m converted to equity (aka written off) but I'm guessing the 102m directors loan will follow suit ? No interest or capital to service so far. Well obviously when the accounts need to include depreciation of the stadium they are going to look a lot worse than the YE13 14m loss (apart from YE15 which should be a lot better due to the Ulloa sale - Ed) but that's not an FPP issue so that's only TB's problem- so again pretty lucky !

We can't all live within our means like you do so please don't gloat too much

(before anyone says anything the BBS is down !!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
well not for a few years given the extra >200m windfall. As you say I'm sure we'll pee that up the wall quickly !

We can't all be so lucky to rack up 160m of debts (plus >10m pa) and have them written off !! Well, when I say written off. 60m converted to equity (aka written off) but I'm guessing the 102m directors loan will follow suit ? No interest or capital to service so far. Well obviously when the accounts need to include depreciation of the stadium they are going to look a lot worse than the YE13 14m loss (apart from YE15 which should be a lot better due to the Ulloa sale - Ed) but that's not an FPP issue so that's only TB's problem- so again pretty lucky !

We can't all live within our means like you do so please don't gloat too much

(before anyone says anything the BBS is down !!)

This coming from the club that did EXACTLY that with all its debts, having gone into administration, twice.

Priceless. Absolutely priceless.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
This coming from the club that did EXACTLY that with all its debts, having gone into administration, twice.

Priceless. Absolutely priceless.

that's another argument that's been done to death (it was 5m, the Club were put into admin against their will over a technicality, the st johns ambulance didn't lose any money etc etc)
Concentrate on the present :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
that's another argument that's been done to death.
Concentrate on the present :thumbsup:

Screen+shot+2012-03-16+at+12.01.58+PM.png

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Can't see how any Palace fans would rather be in their position. I'd hate to be playing the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and The Arsenal and losing. Seeing some of the best players in the world must be terrible as well.

Give me being beaten by Brentford and Bournemouth and seeing Alex Revell score equalisers against us for Rotherham any day of the week

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I for one would rather watch us being beaten by Man City,Arsenal,Chelsea etc than Fulham,Derby or Millwall or for that matter impossible to think of at start of season Crawley,Scunthorpe or Chesterfield.

But heah got to be positive today starts the second half of the season lets start with a win>

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the answer has to be we need to lock this thread!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think i could support a new club like MK Dons or CPFC 2010 Limited. I prefer a club with some history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here