Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be any less miserable in palace's position?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh here we go! Having a go at the stadium now! Did you want it to be like the Old Den, or the Dell or a larger version of the Withdean? moan moan moan moan!

I'm sorry ?

Point I was making is that it's about the football and the atmosphere not just the stadium.

Remove the former and it doesn't matter how well padded the seats are.

Obviously lost on you so sorry. I'm not one of those people who delights in spending my Sunday walking round Ikea testing the sofas whilst building up my ancipation for the dubious meat free hot dog by the tills.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't bring historical musicals in to our situation, things are bad enough without unconnected people breaking in to spontaneous dance and song.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was originally, A Tale of Two Cities.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I'm sorry ?

Point I was making is that it's about the football and the atmosphere not just the stadium.

Remove the former and it doesn't matter how well padded the seats are.

Obviously lost on you so sorry. I'm not one of those people who delights in spending my Sunday walking round Ikea testing the sofas whilst building up my ancipation for the dubious meat free hot dog by the tills.
Never assume your points are lost on me matey. I can see right through most people!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never assume your points are lost on me matey. I can see right through most people!

Best advice I can give then is try not to walk into them.

5946475501_5b44d2f8a2_z.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
New stadium would be nice, but we're getting more bums on seats than you are at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Also, we've made an awful lot more than £60m. Our second season in the PL will earn us another £60m+, plus we're due parachute payments if we get relegated and don't bounce back. We're a lot more attractive as a takeover proposition now, which would help take the club to the next level.

You're Irish, you're a palace fan, I hope you stay up. You, more than anyone, are due a bit of good luck.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder if Palace are any happier than us since getting promoted? Obviously relegation to the Championship is not as bad as going down to L1 but Palace's crapness this season is the only thing keeping my football mojo alive at the moment.
We've had Palace fans on here trying to cheer us up(!) by saying "Don't worry, we're shit too!" But there's 'shit' and there's 'shit' and I'd rather be in their shit as opposed to ours. A well-run small club should accept that they're not going to stay in the Prem for ever and should work out their finances (and player contracts) accordingly; a sort of 'take the money and run' philosophy.

However that does entail fans buying in to the idea - which most won't. To borrow a concept from a story popular at this time of year the Palace fans are the 'Ghosts of Christmas Yet To Come'. If (big fat 'if') we ever get to the Prem we'll probably struggle, and then NSC will be full of posts about how shit we are and how we desperately need a new manager to save us from relegation back to the barren wastelands of the Championship. Our current struggles will all be forgotten.

EDIT: Just adding that the concept of 'shit' also extends downwards. I'd much rather be in our shit than say Hartlepool's for example. Count yer blessings and all that.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
New stadium would be nice, but we're getting more bums on seats than you are at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Also, we've made an awful lot more than £60m. Our second season in the PL will earn us another £60m+, plus we're due parachute payments if we get relegated and don't bounce back. We're a lot more attractive as a takeover proposition now, which would help take the club to the next level.
Are you? Our average gates still beat yours despite being in a lower league and in the relegation zone

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Firstly I'm not miserable, not at all in terms of the important things in life anyway.
I'd like us to have got promotion, but have accepted that without the intervention of the Baby Jesu that's not going to happen ...this year.
BHA have had a string of crepe results, I know. But we have a magnificent infrastructure at the Club. Streets ahead of any other Championship Club and better than most in the Premier. At the helm the much maligned PB has in truth done a great job, and I probably get more pizzed off by the crepe that's thrown at him, Sami and the board than I do our results.
I do think and only that, that in the bigger scheme of things that Mr Tony might have hoped that with the stadium completed, up and running, we might have been the club everyone wanted either to play for or manage. Again it's only guessing, I wonder if that is why we are reluctant to pay the 'silly money' offered by less responsible clubs. TB might have believed that players would be falling over themselves to play for us. But as we all now know that's not what's been happening! I would dearly love it now if he comes to terms with that, digs deep and buys the club enough real quality players to get into the Prem. Because we are as sure as hell unlikely to get there by hoping that lower division 'stars' are going to do that for us. It would be really wonderful if us supporters started rallying round and assisted in that by ceasing to whinge all the time...... Rant Over. :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
League position, obviously I'd rather be where they are. Taking everything else into account, I'd rather be where we are. I'm biased though.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That take over by that american billionaire has gone quiet.

He took one look at the grey slums of the SE postcode area, thought he was in depression-era south Baltimore, albeit with significantly shitter weather, moved onto crumbling 19th Century Shithurst Park, the doubts growing in his mind all the time and was then introduced to Wilfried 'Thicky' Zaha, touted as the best player at the club and he was back on his private Boeing 767 before you can say 'Steve Parish is an etogistical tw@t, who is impossible to work with.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here