Would YOU be able to cope without electricity?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good God, I had not realised how removed people are from our survival needs and energy.

2-3 months with electricity may as well be a lifetime. This is the conundrum of the energy crisis! We have to have it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I cannot believe that the thread has got this far without mentioning fishing. Plenty of edible seafood around.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I cannot believe that the thread has got this far without mentioning fishing. Plenty of edible seafood around.
Didn't you know, you can't use a rod without electricity.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
How long does the flare last?
That's laughable. Can people not talk any more? Can meetings not be held?

How will people all over sussex organize meetings without electricity? Only by letter, even then, how ill the letters reach our doors if there are widespread riots happening?

Oct 25, 2003
i'd be fine, in fact my life would be better....would read a lot more rather than piss around on the internet

i generally quite like power cuts for example

people who say it would be boring don't have enough imagination

as for food...i'd be ok...don't have a microwave and have gas hobs...hardly use the electric oven at all

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

If you can catch enough fish to live on, and can stop people beating your brains out and stealing it. Like some kind of rugged fishing action hero.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
i'd be fine, in fact my life would be better....would read a lot more rather than piss around on the internet

i generally quite like power cuts for example

people who say it would be boring don't have enough imagination

as for food...i'd be ok...don't have a microwave and have gas hobs...hardly use the electric oven at all

It's just the idiots who will panic and steal, kill and do all sorts who would be the problem.

Oct 25, 2003
It's just the idiots who will panic and steal, kill and do all sorts who would be the problem.

doubt it would have any negative influence on my life to be honest! everything would be fine after the inevitable initial panic

might even try and eat one of the many cats that lives around me....probably taste shit but you don't know till you've tried it

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, let's ask the people of Croydon and Tottenham what they would do?

Are you talking months or a day?

A day and we would survive, although our economy would be screwed as the country demonstrated its inability to keep the lights on.

Of course, certain parts of the country (and that's many of them) would suffer anarchy.

I would be out collecting berries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you can catch enough fish to live on, and can stop people beating your brains out and stealing it. Like some kind of rugged fishing action hero.

Meat would still be available as animals can graze, and be killed by shotgun or knife. How long is this power outage supposed to last? Three months wouldn't cause that sort of panic. Old windmills could be used to grind flour to make bread which would be harvested by hand as of old.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
yes for at least 48 hours

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Meat would still be available as animals can graze, and be killed by shotgun or knife. How long is this power outage supposed to last? Three months wouldn't cause that sort of panic. Old windmills could be used to grind flour to make bread which would be harvested by hand as of old.

Are you insane or on a fishing expedition?

The Jack n Jill can provide bread for all the good people of Brighton!? To hell with it. Why wait for the flare. Let's pull the plug now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How will people all over sussex organize meetings without electricity?
People will just drive to their school or whatever, and read the notice that's been put up (with pen and paper). Or when the electricity stops, do aliens go around emptying our fuel tanks?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yes, I would survive - do you know my secret?

I have read a book by Bear Grylls - sorted with no worries. Bring it on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports