Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you accept a draw tonight if it meant a win on Saturday against THEM?

Would you accept a DRAW v Luton if it meant beating Palace?

• Yes - You utter buffoon, a win vs Palace is VITAL

Votes: 109 50.5%
  • No - You cretin, we can win both, I'm not happy drawing against LUTON

Votes: 99 45.8%
  • Father Ted

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are playing bottom sides, including our bitter rival. I expect nothing therefore because the past really does hint at this in all seriousness. Everything, even two draws, is a bonus therefore. Our players should read this thread. We forgive you. You are incapable of beating palace, even thought they’re shit. just like your forebearers couldn’t. Sorry, but when it comes to that lot we save our very worst. And even then, the VAR etc are utterly against us. We should be enjoying a golden run against the infidels but we’re just hopeless soon as we share the same pitch. And it’s sooooooooo f***ing annoying!!!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Guarantee 4pts and beating Palace?

Abso-f***ing-lutely
Except. As you know. It won’t happen. We are inbelievably cursed against ‘em. When we were shit, they won. Now they are, we scrap draws or lose even. I frcking hate Palace and want to win so badly but we just can’t beat ‘em most of time. No matter who manages and whether we’ve the best players in the world for us. It’s a Greek Tragedy of Shakespearean proportions and I just don’t know whether I can watch on Sat I want us to win so badly. But we won’t. It’s our lot in life seemingly. Feckkng Palace.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Except. As you know. It won’t happen. We are inbelievably cursed against ‘em. When we were shit, they won. Now they are, we scrap draws or lose even. I frcking hate Palace and want to win so badly but we just can’t beat ‘em most of time. No matter who manages and whether we’ve the best players in the world for us. It’s a Greek Tragedy of Shakespearean proportions and I just don’t know whether I can watch on Sat I want us to win so badly. But we won’t. It’s our lot in life seemingly. Feckkng Palace.
I know how you feel. The sum total of bad luck, bizarre VAR interventions and rank bad finishing on our part in the last, say 8 games we've played against them is sickening. We should have probably had 6 wins in that time.

But that's the thing about football. All that can be put to bed with one decent performance and change of luck and we can give them the marmalising they so richly deserve. But how I would love Mitoma fit and available, or a firing Enciso for a game like this. We still look a bit threadbare in attack

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm good with a draw tonight and an 8-0 thrashing of that lot up the road. Enhanced by an unexpected meteor streaking in fiery splendour across the Sussex sky - and landing smack on their hoodie-clad, banner-crayoning primary school outing as they form a crocodile holding hands to walk to the station. Imagine their tear-stained little faces upturned to the roar above them, blinking and fearful, just when they thought life literally couldn't get any worse... Ha! Eat blazing metallic elements from the Void, you fake colour-by-numbers "ultras"! And, as an aside, how lucky that the impact does no damage at all to the Amex. Lovely.

Well, a man can dream. In reality, I'm with portlock seagull on this, we're f***ing doomed. It's a curse.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Up to six votes now!

IMG_3287.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But how I would love Mitoma fit and available, or a firing Enciso for a game like this. We still look a bit threadbare in attack
Praying Fati comes on for the last 25 mins with the game poised.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Tough two games IMO - so yes please !

Draw your away games and win your home ones is promotion form.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My season ticket renewal letter arrived today.

If we don’t get six points then I’m invading the pitch with that letter planted in my bum crack and I’m going to present to RDZ!

6 points or I’m out!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would take a point tonight anyway, going to be very tough.
???

Why on earth would you take a draw? We're odds on favourite to win - if you're taking a draw for games like this, then we wouldn't even finish top half.

Obviously that doesn't mean we won't lose, of course we could, but in a game like this it's a risk you'd have to take, unless you're only goal is PL survival.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Derbies are almost always close affairs, so avoiding defeat against Palace, even in their current state, maintains our clear superiority.

3 points tonight though is where it's at.

So you'd be happy with a win tonight and a draw against Palace, maintaining our clear superiority - but you wouldn't be happy with a draw tonight and win against Palace (same number of points)?

Is there something in the water?

Given our Prem form, 4 points would be very acceptable

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I don't know what's wrong with you lot.

We're going to beat Palace 10-0 and finally put an end to the career of everyone's favourite cuddly apartheid-boycott-breaking grandad.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Luton have faced 5 of the 'big 6' at home already and although that has only yielded 1 point (1-1 vs Liverpool), they have only been beaten by a single goal margin in the other 4 games (0-1 vs Spuds, 3-4 vs Arse, 1-2 vs Man City, 2-3 vs Chelsea). To stretch to the 'big 7' (which is bollox), they beat Newcastle 1-0.
I am really not sure how it'll go. I was filled with confidence after the FA cup romp, but now I'm thinking it'll be close.

As for the thread question, I would take a point tonight and then three vs them ALL. DAY. LONG.

If it was home vs Luton and then away at Palace, I'd be less happy with that deal (which doesn't really make sense as the points are worth the same.....)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here