[Albion] Would Potter have gone by now if fans were at games?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What happens if in the remaining 18 games of the season Maupay scores 4 goals and thus exceeds his return from last year?

Great, better still he scores 6 or more. But now he just doesn't look like scoring at all. Trying too hard and can't cope with the building pressure. He's not alone in that, its a long term problem.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great, better still he scores 6 or more. But now he just doesn't look like scoring at all. Trying too hard and can't cope with the building pressure. He's not alone in that, its a long term problem.

3 goals in the last 6 league appearances and scored the winning goal less than two weeks ago.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
3 goals in the last 6 league appearances and scored the winning goal less than two weeks ago.

Away with you and your pesky facts, this is NSC and it is FEELINGS that matter.

Any more of this nonsense and you can expect a ban, you have been warned.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Would be good wouldn't it.

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Arguably the team might have played better/finished some chances if the fans were in the stadium to get behind them, making it more of a hostile place for away fans. There is no real home advantage for any team right now.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Fact? Nope, just someone’s speculation.

An alternative view could be that if fans were in the stadium we might have roared them onto a few victories. A crowd makes a huge difference - positive and negative.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fact? Nope, just someone’s speculation.

An alternative view could be that if fans were in the stadium we might have roared them onto a few victories. A crowd makes a huge difference - positive and negative.

This This a thousand times this!

A full Amex, watching our displays against United, Chelsea, Burnley, Liverpool, Wolves, Fulham and against 10 man Sheffield United , would have been absolutely rocking.

It would undoubtedly have won us a few extra points.

Mentioned before on other threads, that the disappointment levels are building on certain players.
After a bad miss there is no "Come on Brighton " roar from the crowd, five seconds after the groans.
That noise spurs players on to go again.
That's why we do it.

If the fans were in the stadium, we wouldn't even be discussing getting rid if Potter.
It would be how do we keep him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
None of this has anything to do with our strikers not being able to finish.

Seeing as Potter has been Head Coach for nearly 2 years (20 months) surely he should have coached it into them by now??

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

What would be good?

I've seen some dumb statements quoted as fact, but that one takes the biscuit. You've created your own little fiction without even contemplating that a stadium full of fans would have meant there is no way Albion would have gone so long without a home win. Fact. See how easy it is? But hey, I only replied 'cause I'm bored. Doubtless you've gone fishing on some other thread by now.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Not a 'Fact' but I agree that Potter would be under huge pressure from the fans. I make quite an effort to go to every home game and I know I'd be pissed off week after week without seeing a home win. I don't always agree with you but I'd rather read posts from someone that can be a little controversial at times, than the many outraged Magnolia Brigade on here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No. We might have won more games at home though. Probably less away.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not a 'Fact' but I agree that Potter would be under huge pressure from the fans. I make quite an effort to go to every home game and I know I'd be pissed off week after week without seeing a home win. I don't always agree with you but I'd rather read posts from someone that can be a little controversial at times, than the many outraged Magnolia Brigade on here.

Magnolia brigade, like it. 20 shades of beige.

There is absolutely no doubt a vocal crowd would make a difference, knowing Brighton we'd probably be playing worse as a consequence!! I can't help but feel a crowd urging the team on and possibly getting on the managers back would have influenced a more adventurous approach to say substitutions in the second half for example . . . although The Amex is hardly a boiling cauldron of an atmosphere at the worst of times.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've got to admit the home games would have been to a whole new level of toxic by now.

Thank goodness we haven't been allowed in.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

A full Amex, watching our displays against United, Chelsea, Burnley, Liverpool, Wolves, Fulham and against 10 man Sheffield United , would have been absolutely rocking.

Mentioned before on other threads, that the disappointment levels are building on certain players.
After a bad miss there is no "Come on Brighton " roar from the crowd, five seconds after the groans.
That's why we do it.

If the fans were in the stadium, we wouldn't even be discussing getting rid if Potter.
It would be how do we keep him.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

That's why we do it.

When was the last time you went to a home game???

I agree that's how it should be and I wish it was but it very rarely is. It's unfortunately usually the opposite.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
As has already been said, pressure is not always a bad thing when you hear the baying crowd...we would have also been a motivator and suspect helped the players push on in some of those home games. Mostly though we've sat througha lot worse in the stadium and it might just be (I hope) that we've started to pass through the fans Potter trough of disillusionment...though the slopeof enlightenment may still tell us that we have to find another way to score with the players we have....remember when the answer was Adam Virgo for a number of games at the Withdean? Needs must.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports