Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would Potter have gone by now if fans were at games?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely. Removed all the pressure.

If you know your job is safe for five years, or if you are sacked you will walk away with 5 years wedge, it's really not any motivation is it?

And I really hate criticising TB but he clearly called this one wrong.

Tbf if you think GP isn’t motivated then I think you are nuts...but not in an unpleasant way

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is the thing though. If your budget means your procurement can only get a part that's below the standard required, it's still not the designers fault is it?

No, but you change your design to get an acceptable result . . . . funnily enough I'm doing something similar now (someone elses design!)

The crux is, do we accept relegation with the current design or change it . . . . not necessarily the manager but the way we perform. As I've been saying for ages, play a different way to get the results, Potter is either too stubborn to do that or not capable. his record suggests the latter.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agreed, BUT, the way they play is down to his coaching and management. Maupay was a 20+ striker, albeit at lower level, he's gone backwards. It's not fair to single him out solely, but he is the main culprit alongside Trossard.

His in game management and tactics have gone from inspirational to insipid. His management last night, particularly second half was scared of losing, no risk, no real desire to win.

But, as I mentioned before, the way they play isn't the problem. In fact, given the number of chances created last night and in previous games, GP's coaching and management is to be applauded for moulding the players into a team that play good looking football and DO create so many chances.

I go back to the point that Potter (or any manager/coach) can't control what happens when the ball is at the strikers' feet. Or maybe I'm wrong and you'll tell me he CAN do something at that very moment?

Unless I missed something last night, Brighton managed last night's game very well, in terms of limiting Fulham's chances and getting into goal-scoring areas. There was clearly a desire to win because the players kept having opportunities to win (or at least score a feckking goal!).

Are there problems? Yes, clearly there are.

Are those problems going to go away with a change of manager? I very much doubt it.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Would be good wouldn't it.

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Er, no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I like to think that if we were allowed in the stadium our home form would be much improved and the sense of urgency generated by the fans would make the difference.
UTA
Can’t blame Potter for our ‘best’ striker being out of form.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Whenever anybody states their opinion and follows it with the single word 'Fact', my automatic reaction is to think 'Prat'. That's pretty reliable.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No, but you change your design to get an acceptable result . . . . funnily enough I'm doing something similar now (someone elses design!)

The crux is, do we accept relegation with the current design or change it . . . . not necessarily the manager but the way we perform. As I've been saying for ages, play a different way to get the results, Potter is either too stubborn to do that or not capable. his record suggests the latter.

But you're work on the assumption that relegation is already pre-defined. I also think we do play differently, and quite regularly too. Last night he picked the team most would have been delighted to see, 0-0 get's criticised. Picked a weird side against Leeds, 1-0 win. What do we know as fans, eh?

Anyway, this is probably a thread that's not started by an attention seeking sh!t-stirrer. Let's leave it here and hope this thread dies out

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Is there anything more of an Albion evergreen than the search for the elusive 20-goals-a-year manager?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Mods - can we change this title to accurately reflect the thread please?

Something like "Moron seeking attention - don't bother opening"

THIS.

Can we ban junior please?

Tbh I’m surprised the club didn’t take legal action after his disgusting “Hopefully the end of Connolly thread”.

This is not someone wanting dialogue. Just a demented troll.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
take penalties out of that and he's not.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone, but it looks like we're flogging a dead horse at the moment.

not helped by no competition.

You're right, he's only 5 non penalties away from equalling last season, with 18 games to play.

There is zero chance of Potter resigning and why should he?...yes, we should be and we all want to be winning more games but we are playing far better football and creating far more chances than we've ever created in the premier league. We've had 2 poor performances at Everton and Leicester and a poor 2nd half at home to west Brom this season. In all other games we have been as good as the opposition or better with exception of Man City who are likely to end up as champions with billions spent. Yes, it's so bloody frustrating and ultimately it could cost us relegation. The only way Potter will go is if Tony sacks him which could happen if we sink into bottom 3 and don't look like getting out of it. Chances are we could be in bottom 3 after next 2 games depending on how Fulham fare but as for Graham walking, no chance!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Haven't you finished cleaning my car yet? Stop yammering and get back to work. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here