Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot, no Spain vs England thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolute shite. Carrick aside, Roy has put out a strong and young side. What on earth are you complaining about?

Still a dinosaur who should have gone after the World Cup though, or is that absolute shite as well?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I feel a bit sorry for Roy, what a load of shite he has to deal with, people criticise Rooney, but the likes of Delph, Sterling, and whoever the cluck it was at right back who played on for the second goal, not good enough.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Unknown.jpeg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How is Sterling worth 50 million? ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hart....3rd Division pitch.

Never mind 22c and sunny periods for Alicante tomorrow, take the late flight back

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. We can't run away from the fact that our players aren't good enough. Nothing to do with Roy

Pretty sure a younger foreign coach could do a better job but I take your point re the players.

Hodgson was impressed with the first 70 minutes, that is a worry to me. We were beaten before we started with him in charge.

Stumpy Tim

Pretty sure a younger foreign coach could do a better job but I take your point re the players.

Hodgson was impressed with the first 70 minutes, that is a worry to me. We were beaten before we started with him in charge.
Both teams started with about 60-70% full team. They bought on Mata who is in their third string, but has won the premier league and starts for Man Utd. We bought on two kids who have started a total of 20 games between them in midfield for Tottenham. Spot the difference

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last time England played Spain, Zamora and Stockdale were unused substitutes.

The shining nugget of a dull thread and a meaningless football evening.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I don't think he is perfect, but he is damned if he plays squad players and damned if he doesn't.

We didn't play that badly last night and there was some positives, but the ball retention is a real worry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think he is perfect, but he is damned if he plays squad players and damned if he doesn't.

We didn't play that badly last night and there was some positives, but the ball retention is a real worry.

And lack of ball retention will kill you on the international circuit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here