Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing v Albion - Wednesday

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Paid a pound to sit in the stand and has to be the best pound I have spent. It didn't look nice out there and to top it off it pretty much stopped for my stroll home.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Convinced the family to join me for this traditional game. They haven't stopped whining about how wet they got.

Amateurs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Paid a pound to sit in the stand and has to be the best pound I have spent. It didn't look nice out there and to top it off it pretty much stopped for my stroll home.

I went to the bar, had a bit of a nose about and ended up at the changing rooms, watched most of the game from the players tunnel.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Is anyone excited about George Barker? I've never seen him play or anything, but he always seems to score when he does play.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Barker looked good on the ball last night, quick feet and excellent touch but he is still very lightweight.

Promising but long way to go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Convinced the family to join me for this traditional game. They haven't stopped whining about how wet they got.

Amateurs.

Same here - took the wife and 2 kids along - we left at half time :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is anyone excited about George Barker? I've never seen him play or anything, but he always seems to score when he does play.

One of the Plymouth websites reckoned they were looking at a loan deal for him recently.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Bit of a tip for you. Next time you go to Woodside Road instead of queueing for 30 mins for chips, pop round to the chippy, Old Nicks, up the road. There and back in 10 mins. Job done!

Done this as well , although still managed to get a burger at the ground which wasnt bad for the price.

Shame weather was so shit , also the music played before the game (never heard the theme tune to only fools and horses played before a match) and the announcements of subs etc was awful too.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

I thought he was the highlight of the night, exciting player. Sparrow was solid as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Worthing's loudspeaker system sounded as bad as I remember as a young lad in the 50s. Some things never change and also how do they get over the law which states that nobody can watch a football match whilst having an alcoholic drink. Hospitality rooms etc have to have a curtain up at the window to ensure that you cannot have a beer and watch the football at the same time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Worthing's loudspeaker system sounded as bad as I remember as a young lad in the 50s. Some things never change and also how do they get over the law which states that nobody can watch a football match whilst having an alcoholic drink. Hospitality rooms etc have to have a curtain up at the window to ensure that you cannot have a beer and watch the football at the same time.

Have to be honest, wasn't too bothered about the beer, more concerned about finding a brolly :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasn't concerned about the beer but it was blatant breaking of the law and am surprised that the local council do gooders etc haven't picked up on it. I am certain that if Haywards Heath FC did the same the leaders of the council would have complained if the beer wasn't bought from the Broadway bars.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I wasn't concerned about the beer but it was blatant breaking of the law and am surprised that the local council do gooders etc haven't picked up on it. I am certain that if Haywards Heath FC did the same the leaders of the council would have complained if the beer wasn't bought from the Broadway bars.

Better keep it on the quiet then ;)
Having said that. If I was holding a pint glass, I'm sure it would have been full of water by the time the final whistle went. Haven't got so wet from rain in years.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

That law does not apply to Non League teams below Conference Level. Whether it applies to a Non League team when they are playing a League club in a friendly, I'm not sure? I think it does? The stewards in the bar at Hastings were telling those who had drinks to face the wall & not look out the window whilst the game was on. Load of bollocks. Something where common sense needs to be used in respect of the 'official rules'

If you think it was out of order, I dare you to tell old Morty - I'd be interested to know his response to you. :eek: Good luck.

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought he was the highlight of the night, exciting player. Sparrow was solid as well.

And you told me i was your highlight, bastard..........No he looked good to me, build him up El-Abd style and we could well be on to a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here