Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing v Albion - Wednesday

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've got my tickets book - I'm taking the kids along. Birthday treat for me.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Just went to the ground and spoke to the groundsman - he said they get roughly 2,000 for this fixture but it can hold up to 3,600 (at a squeeze).

I'm getting there early so I can mull over the starting line-up with a brew and hot-dog

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Just went to the ground and spoke to the groundsman - he said they get roughly 2,000 for this fixture but it can hold up to 3,600 (at a squeeze).

The Groundsman being Morty Hollis, who has been at Worthing as Chairman/President/every other job going, probably since Queen Victoria was on the Throne.

That response re the capacity sounds like the kind of answer he would give. :rolleyes: 3,600 in Woodside Road would be very cosy indeed! Like most things at WFC in recent years, it gets made up as they go along.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What sort of side are we lightly (likely) to have out tomorrow night and is it lightly (likely) to be full?

Not sure about the line up, but yes, we will be playing a full side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A friend of my brother is a member of our coaching staff and told him that the club are very happy with TK but are a little concerned about him playing the ball out of defence like Ankergren, so I would like to see him play all games from now on in, if only to establish an understanding with the defence.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
How much is the admission to ground? could not find details on their site

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I'm getting there early so I can mull over the starting line-up with a brew and hot-dog

Everything about going to Woodside Road is spot on for a non league club, you'll have a good time providing YOU DO NOT EAT THEIR FOOD. It is foul, disgusting, rancid and vomit inducing. I swear they must buy the absolute lowest quality products from the most feckless of suppliers, I wonder if it is even fit for human consumption. :sick:

That said, the bars are fine and dandy.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Everything about going to Woodside Road is spot on for a non league club, you'll have a good time providing YOU DO NOT EAT THEIR FOOD. It is foul, disgusting, rancid and vomit inducing. I swear they must buy the absolute lowest quality products from the most feckless of suppliers, I wonder if it is even fit for human consumption. :sick:

That said, the bars are fine and dandy.

As long as the bars are fine :) . Will take the kids for food somewhere else !!

Mr Fagan

Aug 1, 2012
See you all there ... I'll be on the bench for Worthing .. Keep a look out for a good looking 17 year old x

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
no CMS, Hoskins, Paynter, Kuszack, nor new signings......have fun !

Now wish I hadn't bothered tonight. And today's Argus suggests that Gus is no nearer to finding the elusive striker and midfielder that we need. How depressing, especially since we've known that we need to fill these two slots for months.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If CMS isn't playing tonight it will add a lot to the stories about a swop deal with McCormack. That said, McCormack has played all of Leeds' friendlies but the rumour mill is gathering pace.
Gus has clearly said it is a first team game so no reason that the new lads wouldn't play at least part of the game to develop their understanding ahead of the last two "big" friendlies and ahead of the season. Don't know what BR DJ has heard and where but think he might be wrong?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If CMS isn't playing tonight it will add a lot to the stories about a swop deal with McCormack. That said, McCormack has played all of Leeds' friendlies but the rumour mill is gathering pace.
Gus has clearly said it is a first team game so no reason that the new lads wouldn't play at least part of the game to develop their understanding ahead of the last two "big" friendlies and ahead of the season. Don't know what BR DJ has heard and where but think he might be wrong?

have to confess, Gus in the Argus....

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

So if CMS is injured, he must be going to Leeds, right ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, just read it above

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here