Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing station today

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jumper apparently.... merry f'cking christmas...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear, very sad

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very sad that someone could not cope with christmas.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The paragraph below may be a simplistic attitude?: I accept that anyone who wishes to take their own life must be deeply troubled mentally & everyone who is contemplating suicide has different issue's that have caused them to become so depressed, they consider taking their own life. BUT:

Are they not the most selfish people ever? They have no consideration for the heartbreak & distress they cause to those Family & Friends they leave behind, plus also, those railway staff & members of the public who will have witnessed this incident & who will be traumatised for a very long time, possibly forever.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thanks, need to get to Lancing later but hopefully be okay by then.

Terribly sad for all involved including any train or medical staff particularly given the time of year.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The paragraph below may be a simplistic attitude?: I accept that anyone who wishes to take their own life must be deeply troubled mentally & everyone who is contemplating suicide has different issue's that have caused them to become so depressed, they consider taking their own life. BUT:

Are they not the most selfish people ever? They have no consideration for the heartbreak & distress they cause to those Family & Friends they leave behind, plus also, those railway staff & members of the public who will have witnessed this incident & who will be traumatised for a very long time, possibly forever.

Thats why it's called mental illness. If you're thinking straight you don't kill yourself.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He isn't dead apparently - he's being treated by the emergency services

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He isn't dead apparently - he's being treated by the emergency services

There is hope, talking of suicides I see that Nurse from the hospital where the Duchess was had attempted twice before to kill herself, once at someones wedding.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
People do sometimes get struck by trains because they were dozy and got too close to the tracks doesn't necessarily mean suicide attempt. The yellow lines are there for a reason.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I feel just as sorry for the train driver when this sort of thing happens.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Unfortunately, that's the issue that people don't understand when it comes to mental illness. It's a completely subjective afflication, and when you have an illness that can be that crippling, and you really don't see any other way out of that spiralling hole then it's impossible to think 'rationally'. They obviously wanted a quick way out and it's as effective as any method...whether it actually worked or them or not is a different matter.

Any suicide is going to have repercussions, whether it be for their immediate family, or people who witness it, i can't deny that. However, it cannot be called 'selfish' as there isn't the rational thinking required to be self-centered.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

Also the Police fire brigade and Ambulance services as well who all work over the festive season .RIP

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
People do sometimes get struck by trains because they were dozy and got too close to the tracks doesn't necessarily mean suicide attempt. The yellow lines are there for a reason.

Indeed. I've probably said it a few times on here, but in my 20 odd years of commuting S'ham to London, I have 3 times been on a train that's hit somebody and only one of those was deliberate. The first was accidental when the guy was really pissed and got out of the train the wrong side, onto the tracks, back when we had slam-doors. The second was a guy standing too close to the edge at Norwood Junction. So, not necessarily deliberate at all.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here